21

ROSALIE WAS feeling better to go sledding with everyone else. Henry and Yasmin had made up, and were more affectionate than ever. He'd explained his reasons for leaving out certain details of his life, and it wasn't because he was embarrassed of Beth or Rosalie, he was embarrassed of Alex. He knew that if he'd told Yasmin one piece to the puzzle, he'd have to explain the wrongdoings of his own mother, which was difficult to do.

Abbi enjoyed the afternoon with everyone, including Alex. She kept asking for Nico, and her mothers had to continuously explain that he'd already left with his own mothers. She was so sad that they were gone, that she'd pouted for most of the day, but soon got over it.

Miss Bear was sporting huge sunglasses and a scarf by the end of the day, and when dinner came around, the bear even joined them in the kitchen, "Mommy, is Miss Bear gonna get her own room? If everyone else gets one, she should too."

Rosalie looked at the bear, and narrowed her eyes. I could fit inside of you, you can be my room.

Abbi giggled and Beth did as well, "I said that out loud, didn't I?" Rosalie asked.

Barbara, Henry, Yasmin and Michelle joined in on the laughter. Alex had already headed back to her room at the bed and breakfast. Henry and Yasmin were going to hang out with her the next day alone, leaving Rosalie to come up with something for the rest of them to do. Rosalie would've loved to enjoy a day in bed with just her family, but that would exclude Michelle, Barbara and her mother, and she couldn't do that.

"We could try mingling with some people in town," Beth suggested, "wouldn't hurt since we're moving here soon."

Rosalie thought that it was a great idea, "and I could show you the buildings that we're going to buy," Rosalie said.

The purchase of the bar would be finalized by the beginning of February, allowing Beth to start renovations whenever she was ready. But since they were moving till Summer, it would be left untouched for a few months. The bar was still up and running, and they'd need to give the tenant a deadline to relocate. Hopefully, he would be cooperative, "sounds like a plan," Beth responded. They sealed the agreement with a kiss, making Henry look away with a smile. He loved that his mothers loved each other.

Michelle looked at her phone's screen and groaned. Notifications were piling up, and they were all messages and calls from Faye. She turned off her phone, and focused on the ones who she loved. She wanted to reply to each and every text, and answer every call, but she couldn't allow herself to.

As for Rosalie, her mind was settled on her father's whereabouts, since he'd agreed to see her before she would leave for Milan. Kaitlyn didn't inform her daughter that the only reason he was going to do so was because she'd given him the money to pay off his debts, in exchange for him to be civil with his daughter, and her family for a few hours. She worried that Rosalie would want him to be more active in her life, and that was definitely something he wouldn't agree on, and even if he did, it wouldn't be good. That man never brought peace wherever he was.

"Miss Jennings, I saw that you were busy with your sketchpad earlier, deciding on a new piece to paint?" Yasmin asked. Kaitlyn looked up from her meal and smiled. She knew that Yasmin had been observing her over the past few days. It was nice to have a fan, even when that fan was sometimes annoying.

Kaitlyn said, "just getting the ideas down in front of me. I'd love to paint a piece for the house, if you'd like."

Rosalie frowned. Why did her mother have to steal her idea? One that she'd already been working on?

Yasmin squealed and nodded immediately. Beth reached for her wife's hand to comfort her. She always sensed Rosalie's unease, "yeah, we'd love that," Henry agreed, not too interested in the conversation, as he continued to devour his grilled salmon. Rosalie looked down at her own plate. Even though she loved seafood, her appetite had disintegrated.