27

A year and a few months later...

BETH OVERLOOKED the night sky, where starlights dangled, and the moon sat boldly. Rosalie was in Dubai with her mother, attending a function at the Mavana. Beth and Abbi were in Venice in the meantime, and the two would meet them there. It was the second year in a row that they'd spent Easter with Rosalie's grandparents, and planned to make it a tradition, "sweetheart, aren't you cold?" Candice asked. She draped a blanket over Beth, and took a seat next to her, "you're missing her, aren't you?"

Beth bit down on her bottom lip and nodded. She looked at Candice with dull eyes, trying to lift her own mood by attempting to smile, but as long as her wife was away, she couldn't manage to feel happy, "I hate being so needy. I think it's the age causing it," Beth mumbled.

Candice chuckled and placed her hand on Beth's shoulder, "that's just what it's like to be in love, sweetheart. It's a good thing, and I bet she misses you more than you miss her," Candice said. Beth sighed. Then she must really, really miss me, because I'm dying here.

"Mom, I actually got Abbi to sleep," Henry said. He walked out of the door, and into the backyard, taking a seat, and pushing his chest out in content.

"Let me guess, red riding hood ended up with a girlfriend in the end?" Beth asked.

Henry nodded with a chuckle. He grabbed his phone from his back pocket and sighed, not seeing any messages from Yasmin. Yasmin couldn't take the time away from work, so it had been dreadful to be away from her for so long. Candice said, "just like her mom. Rosalie always wanted the princess to kiss a girl frog, not a boy," Candice laughed.

Beth smiled, thinking about her wife. They planned to video chat before bed, and Beth was anxiously waiting.

"I always had a thing for Belle when growing up," Henry commented, causing William to laugh on his way towards them.

"And when I thought only girls had crushes on the princesses," William said, amused.

Beth shrugged and looked at her son. He had grown up so much, and that beard of his really needed to be groomed properly, "I had a crush on Ellen, but that quickly faded," Beth mentioned.

Henry held his laughter behind the palm of his hand, "damn, mom, you were killing it as the younger woman there," Henry teased.

Beth scoffed and sat up, looking between the three of them, "what? I wasn't always attracted to younger women. Older women are still hot too," Beth said. God, but now I'm the older woman. Fifty year old cougar.

William laced his fingers with his wife's, and kissed the back of her palm, "love's a mystery. Now then, it's off to bed for us. We need to wake up early for our morning jog with the Hansons," Candice and William headed off to their bedroom, while Henry and Beth stayed outside in silence. Rosalie's grandparents were in their early eighties. How did they manage to still leave the house? Beth hoped that she'd be as strong as them if she would be blessed to get that old.

"Mama's moving to California next year. The restaurant hasn't been doing so well," Henry mentioned.

Beth opened her eyes, and furrowed her brows. She's moving to Cali? "Are you happy about that?" Beth asked. Now, Henry's never going to move closer.

Henry shrugged. They'd been getting along over the past few years, and it would have been nice to be closer to her, both emotionally and physically speaking, "yeah, she's planning to open a catering business there. You know the celebrities want their quail cooked right in their fancy homes for their guests," Henry humored and sat up, stretching his arms and yawning.

"I hope it works out for her," Beth inhaled a deep breath, as she looked at her phone screen. Seeing a message from her wife, she jumped up, and looked at Henry with wide eyes, "I'm heading to bed. It was a long day," Beth forced a yawn behind the palm of her hand, as Henry looked at her head inside, and up the stairs. He chuckled wondering what her sudden mood change was all about. The smile on her face was so obvious.