Chapter 1: I Will Never Stop

"...but heath my words demon. You may run from me all you like, take from me everything, turn my own men against me. I will never stop coming after you..."

-OwengeJuiceTV 

The Reunion

Loading playlist...
.
.
.
Playlist Found

Current Song:
It Took Me By Surprise, Marina Mena

Chapter 1: I Will Never Stop

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙  ·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Do you remember the last time in your life that you had a bad feeling? A chill down your spine? An immediate sense of dread? A dull sickness? This feeling keeps looming over the clearing. A strange uneasiness that only grew stronger by the day.

Usually, the maze corridors seem like a faraway figure of death that stares with eyes of crimson. However, the sense of staring slowly morphs into a heavy sense of paranoia. Any moment could be their doom in those walls. Any moment the creature could come.

The sense of paranoia started to flood the clearing a few years ago. People stopped taking trips into the maze and stayed within the walls of the clearing. Though in the past year people have stopped coming out of their houses altogether, regardless of what happens outside of their home.

Owen tends to be one of the people that help with clearing events and things. Since Graecie's "incident", and there being fewer leaders alive and well, people have looked up to Owen. People stopped going into the maze when he told them not to. Mohwee's death hit them all somewhere that normal words couldn't describe.

However, today there was a strange tapping within the maze halls. Every tap, echoes through long, wide corridors out into the depths of the maze. Owen thought carefully about every step he took. He did want to get injured or leave any kind of evidence of being here for that fact. He had a motive. He wouldn't be clumsy; just in and out to fulfill his promise to himself and the voices.

However, at some point, the man in green had made a small loop around the maze. He knew he had to let go of this stupid idea that they were still alive. Owen took a step in the direction of the clearing, however, against all better judgment, he turned back to go look at the levers, the place he hadn't checked yet.

The brunette slowly stumbled around the large turns, being in total awareness of his surroundings. He would make this trip quick and easy and not dwell on this any long-

Just then he heard a familiar voice. The brunette was shocked and confused. Did he really just hear what he thought he heard? No way, the maze must be getting to him. Then the voice spoke again, leading him to a hole in the wall. That is when he knew for sure; it was Apo.

Owen didn't know how to feel. He was confused; he wanted to apologize, to apologize for everything that happened back then. Owen gathered his thoughts

"I missed you so much."

"I've missed you too. Owen, I'm on my way home; I'm on my way to the clearing. I promise." *

That is when it hit him. Apo was coming home. It wasn't just a dream; it wasn't just a hope.

"Really? Ok, great. Meet me around the side, I will meet you over there."*

A gleeful smile forms on Owen's face as he runs through the halls of the maze. He was excited, one might even say thrilled, to see Apo, his best friend, again. He quickly turned a corner of the maze to see a hornless Apo in front of him. Before he knew it, his vision turned white.