Author's Notes

When one door closes, another window opens. Meet Jang Miyeon and Park Siwoo, two strangers who meet after experiencing devastating life-changing events.

Life can change in a split second, but different people adapt to changes differently. When her boyfriend of four years suddenly proposes a breakup, Miyeon's daily routines change drastically. To get over him and fill the vacancy in her heart, she decides to fulfil the bucket list they planned together alone.

In another part of the city, under the same sky, Siwoo receives news that his girlfriend of seven years has lost her life in a tragic traffic accident. Things go south from this moment on, and it feels like the world is against him. With the encouragement of his family, he decides to fulfil their bucket list to honour her life.

As the two meet while trying to heal from the pain of loss, they decide to help each other fulfil their bucket lists. Amid their grief, perhaps they can form the light at the end of each other's tunnel.

***

Prompt: After a bad breakup, you decide to fulfil the bucket list that you had planned with your ex-partner alone. On halfway through fulfilling your bucket list, you meet a person who is going through the exact same situation and you decide to help this person out.

***

DISCLAIMER:

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, is purely coincidental.

The author has spent a lot of time and effort in producing this story. Please refrain from translating, copying and/or posting this story on other websites. Doing so by any means without the author's permission is illegal and punishable by law. Your support of the author's rights is appreciated.

Tears Fall Like Rain is only available on Wattpad. If you are reading this story on any other platform, you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original safe form, please search for @calistacyq on Wattpad.

Please inform me in the comments and/or on my message board if there are people who have stolen my work. Thank you.

***

Hey there! It's Calista, and she has returned once again for the Open Novella Contest! For those who don't know, I've taken part in the ONC since 2019, their second instalment. Excluding this year's, I have 7 entries in total. Go check them out if you haven't :)

As you can tell from the description, cover and tags, this story takes place in South Korea, and the main characters are Korean. I've also been told that this story gives K-drama vibes :D

When I first saw this prompt, I felt that it was strikingly similar to a Korean webcomic called Her Bucket List. I have finished reading it, and it is GREAT. You should check it out. You can find the official English translation on LINE Webtoon! It's a daily pass comic, which means that you can only read one episode a day unless you pay.

Of course, I also said that I probably wouldn't be using this prompt because I might be subconsciously taking inspiration from that story. You can find my comment under Prompt 74 in the ONC 2022 book before it's taken down next year. (She copied the comment here anyway)

"This reminds me of Her Bucket List, a daily pass comic on Webtoon. I don't think I can write it, considering I will probably get influenced by the webtoon. It's a good comic. You should check it out!"

I stand by my words. However, I have come up with a plot, and it is nothing similar to that story. I made sure of it. Yay!

P.S. I'm not going to keep pestering you for votes and comments, so I'm only going to say it twice. It would mean the world to me if you could vote and comment along the way. I also welcome constructive criticism. Do point out any errors in my stories, be it wrong information, grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.

Thank you and enjoy! <3