6

The rage was like fire in Sophie's veins. It coursed through her head, making itself the only thought.

I'm inflicting on my best friend.

The thought pulled Sophie out of the pool of anger she was submerged in, and she looked down to see Fitz writhing in pain in front of her.

"Oh, I am so sorry Fitz, I...don't know what got into me," Sophie said shakily, helping him up.

The truth was, Sophie did know what had gotten into her. Fitz had just knocked her boyfriend out, so naturally, she had inflicted on him.

A very stormy expression was painted across his face. "You'll regret this, Sophie. By tomorrow, everyone will know what you-"

"WHAT IS GOING ON OUT HERE!?" Grady stormed out into the pastures, and by the looks of it, he was about to murder both boys and ground Sophie until her ears turned pointy. "WHY IS THAT BOY AND TEAL-EYE-GUY OUTSIDE WITH YOU AT EIGHT-THIRTY AT NIGHT!?"

Sophie stuttered with fear. "Um..w-we were just talking.."

"WELL IF YOU WERE JUST TALKING, EXPLAIN WHY THAT BOY IS
LYING ON THE FLOOR AND TEAL-EYE-GUY LOOKING LIKE HE WANTS TO MURDER HIM!"

Sophie had forgotten about Keefe in the inflicting-on-Fitz shenanigan, and she grabbed his shoulders and pulled him up into her arms. He groaned.

"Sophie?"

"I'm here."

"I didn't know that idiot could punch so hard."

Fitz narrowed his eyes. "Well it's not like you're much smarter."

"At least I don't have a stupid accent." Keefe mimicked it. "I'm a Vacker, if something isn't right, I'll cry about it!"

"Shut up! And anyway, Sophie's mine, so just go home and hook up with Biana or something!"

"WHAT!?" This time it came from Grady, Sophie and Keefe.

Before anyone could throw any more insults at each other, Sophie stepped between the two boys.

"How about we all go back to our various houses(when I typed that I immediately thought of the four houses in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series😅😂🤣) work this out tomorrow?"

Fitz and Keefe leaped home, and Sophie and Grady went inside. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she fell drifted to sleep, and dreamed of Keefe.