8

"She's alive!" To start, I am SO SORRY for the delay. I've had a lot going on this week. *shudders* Enjoy 8!

"Keefe, no, wait!" Sophie pleaded. "Don't hurt anyone, I'm fine I promise."

Keefe stopped walking, his trademark smirk upon his face. "I wasn't actually going to do anything to Fitz, Foster. But seriously, I am so going to put gulons in his locker, Gurgle Gut in his lunch, and put pink hair dye in his shampoo(sorry, I couldn't think of anything else)."

"Of course you will."

"WHAT THE HECK!?"

They both whipped around to see their full friend group shooting glares at them. Well, maybe not their entire friend group. Fitz was missing. But Biana, Dex, Marella, Tam and Linh were still standing in front of her with rigid postures.

"Sophie, you inflicted on my brother." Biana snatched Sophie's wrist, her nails digging into Sophie's skin. "You're out of control!"

Biana's word's hit Sophie like a arrow.

You're out of control.

She had been out of control when she (Unlocked spoiler) burned down the storehouse. When she had confronted Brant. When she had healed Fintan.

Sophie tried not to remember. But no, she couldn't.

The screams.

The flames.

Kenric.

You're out of control.

"Sophie!"

Sophie snapped back to the present. The first thing she saw was a pair of ice blue eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine."

"She doesn't deserve that!"

Keefe pulled Sophie closer to him. "Shut up!"

"She is out of control!"

The phrase grew into a chant.

"OUT OF CONTROL! OUT OF CONTROL! OUT OF CONTROL!"

Somewhere during the chaos, Sophie lost hold of reality.

"HELPLESS MOONLARK!"

Then she collapsed.

😱😱😱

Sorry if that was a short chapter, more tomorrow!