CHAPTER TWO: THE LIVELINESS OF THE TOWN

Momo could see the crowd surrounding the performance. He got closer and closer, the sound of drums becoming louder and louder, making his ear drums eratated. This was his first time in his life seeing a live performance. Specially in the middle of the road. Momo was not a person who liked to interact much with people or liked going out.

His perfect day was reading novels at home; playing games in his pc; watching tv. He had barrly raised enough money to replace his broken phone, and even order his new gaming VR headset that just came out. All that money just wasted in something that he won't use. His friends that he left back home if any, wouldn't miss him much. Mabey his family would wonder one day where he is, when or if they receive a call from work that he hasn't shown up. Only If he remembered to write down their emergency contact.

If not, then no one would know that he had disappeared. But that life was a nice life, a quiet life, filled with calmness and peace. Not like now, where all the noise irritated him, yet he felt a sense of wonder. Just to see and hear something new, something different, not some act seen on TV, or hear music from the Radio. This was different.

His eyes brighten up when he saw the performers, welding fire with their bare hands. "Am I in some sort of avatar episode, is that the fire nation or something... ?" Momo thought, as he kept on walking to the front of the stage.

The performer lifted one of their legs forward to the sky, as their body leaned backwards. Their clothes floating down in the air, as they leaped forward to make a jump. Flower pedals came out from their body. You could see the pedals twirled around and around in the air, as they danced in the wind. With glimpse of fire surrounding them.

The fire started to become bigger and bigger swallowing up the performer. Suddenly the fire exploded, and everything disappeared. In an instant everything was filled with a bright firy light that was throne to the sky. You could see the glittery light coming down; you could feel an energy from that glitter lifting up once self.

In the mist of the happy commotion a woman's voice could be heard. Then suddenly like a flash of lightning a woman appeared in the sky. She was wearing a white and red traditional dress, her pale skinned made a contrast to the tint of red. She was floating down from the sky that was filled with shimmering lights.

Some white wings appearing in her back, as if she was an angel. Some of the feathers where spread around the crowd. making the people mesmerized. The enchanting atmosphere surrounded the people. Making everyone unaware of what was happening, in the corner of a dark alley.

The freshness of death, the smell of blood. No one noticed a life once lived, was no more. Ripped out from time it's self. As precious as something can be, in an instant all can vanish.

Applause could be heard, announcing the ending of the performance. People started scattering like fly's, while Momo staid in place, waiting for the crowd to lessen.

Unaware of his surrounding, the people started to bump into him. Making him stumble upon the dark alley, as if the crowd wanted to guide him closer to the unknown. One even bumped harder, pushing him deep in, as he started falling to the ground.

He felt a dark chill running down his spine, as the faint smell of blood indulged his nose. He could feel a wet and cold object in his hand. He looked down to see what it was. But got startled by a loud noise, that he heard coming from the shadows, getting closer and closer to him. Making his heart jump in fright, he felt his life was in danger.

He was right to feel that way.

"Momo where are you?" he heard his name that was yelled, ​by Lorin and the old man. In a flash he grabed what was in the ground, and ran towards the sound of their voice. Not noticing the cold murderous gaze that was placed in his hand that held the object. Unknown to him that it was a jayde pendent from a distinguished family.