CHAPTER ELEVEN: COOPERATION

Once he regained his spirit and conviction. He began to plan on how he can survive this psycho. He needed to do what this person asked of him. He can't anger him, since he might be bipolar and kill him in a pit of anger. "It's like walking on thin ice, I need to be wary of everything. If I want to survive." He thought, as he looked up at Boss.

"I-I can do it... Just don't kill me" Momo said with a bit of fear in his eyes that he couldn't conceal. Making Boss laugh. "Now that's something new. I haven't laughed like that in a long time" he said, as he remembered his past. "I won't kill you for now, I look forward to seeing what you can do to keep your life." He said, as he smirked.

The giant bird flew down to where they were. He grabbed Momo tightly and jumped once more. This time not letting momo budge at all. The bird flapped its wings and started to head towards the sky. Momo could feel his gaze in the back of his head.

"what is it?" Momo asked, As Boss got closer to him and stretched his hand to grab Momo and hold him down.

"...what are you doing?" Momo shouted, seeing Boss' arms wrap around his waist very tightly.

"I need to be certain that you won't jump again," Boss said.

"I - I won't jump," Momo exclaimed.

"That's what I thought before, that no idiot would dare to jump, but I guess I thought wrong, so I can't be certain anymore." Boss said.

"but..." Momo wanted to refute

"no buts, just do as I say, don't move" Boss cut in before momo could finish his sentence.

If it was any other person he would just use his magic to make them stand still, but like last time those powers didn't work on Momo. He was a bit curious for that reason. If he used his destructive power on him will he become crisps as well. He wondered, wanting to see the results. His face became dark and distorted. Momo could feel an ominous pressure from behind and the hand that was grabbing him was becoming warmer and warmer.

"I-I see, so where exactly are we going and what are we doing?" he said trying to ease the atmosphere. The pressure that surrounded them washed away in an instant making Momo sigh in relief, as if he had escaped a great catastrophe. "Well those experiments will have to wait for later," Boss thought. Unknown that the catastrophe was only just put off for later.

"We will be going to the capital in the Northern region. To enroll you at the school of kings. There you will have to find something for me. After all you're a candidate for kings right...?" boss explained. "Since I am not able to enter without a king's seal, the only way is to be your guardian. And since you don't have one... , that is perfect, it's a win, win situation. RIGHT!..." he continued to say.

″yeah... win, win situation..." Momo sighed with a regretful tone. "More like my bad luck" Momo thought.

"So that's all you need to do and I will let you go when you find it." Boss said.

"... really you'll let me go" Momo asked as he looked back at Boss with hopeful eyes that pierced Boss to the core.

"yes..." boss said, making Momo's face filled with happiness and hope for the future. Unknown to him that boss had lied to him. "Why should he say the truth, why should he let him go, why should he keep him alive" Those thoughts traveled on Boss's head at 100 miles per hour. As his face grows darker and darker with maliciousness. He wanted to dissect this person in front of him and answer those questions that lingered around. He didn't know why he cared, or why he was wasting time on those thoughts. Was it curiosity, or boredom? He doesn't know why. And doesn't really care. He gripped Momo's waist titer.

"Okay, that's a deal. I will certainly help you find it, ″ Momo said with certainty. Making Boss chuckle once more. It was strange why this weak being that he can easily break with just a swipe of a finger make him laugh like this.