18. Unexpected Surprises

Hello fellow readers,

I want to offer my most sincere and heartfelt apologies for taking so long to bring you this chapter. Every time I tried to put my thoughts to paper, I couldn't find the exact wording that I imagined to describe the following scenes until now. Thank you for those who have been patient. I hope my story continues to live up to all of your expectations along with mine.

Sincerely,
Kate
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Logan

I'm flabbergasted when we first stepped into the bar together. I thought we'd find Daniel where I left him sitting at the bar having a few drinks and minding his own business. But what do we find instead? A large crowd gathered around the bar counter cheering "fight, fight, fight!" Like we're at an underground fighting ring. I looked around noticing bouncers trying to get people out of the way, but they kept coming back like vultures. That must explain why the few bouncers that were at the door earlier disappeared when Ace and Blake showed up.

Damn, I knew that I shouldn't have left Daniel alone. He always manages to find trouble somehow.

Since Blake is somewhat taller and bigger than Ace and I he was able to barrel his way through the barricade of rowdy people quicker to get a glimpse of what was happening. Ace and I on the other hand struggled to deal with people pushing us back and forth. But for some strange reason when some looked back at us they paled looking startled as they started apologizing profusely. I wonder why they were looking like they were ready to shit their pants. Finally, we were able to get through as we heard a loud thump with the glass bottles breaking only a few feet away. We give each other you've got to be kidding me looks before dashing through the crowd that starts to settle down and disperse. We stop dead in our tracks at what is right before our very eyes.

I scrub my eyes thinking that I'm just seeing things but when I pull my hands away from my face, I still see it. My best friend is in a heated make out session with none other than Blake Pierce. They look like they are ready to tear each other's clothes off. I look over at Ace wondering if I'm just seeing things since I've already had a drink today, but his eyes are blown wide open.

His jaw is hanging almost to the floor as he glances my way in shock too. It would be comical, but seriously what the fuck is going on? When we both regain our senses, we shout in unison "What the hell are you doing?" Causing both parties to startle away from each other although Blake still holds Daniel gently.

When the hell did this happen? Daniel isn't into guys. Or at least not as long as I've known him...Or was he?

Nah, he has always talked too much about girls and what they are like in bed. This must have some sort of explanation.

Ace goes over and grabs Blake by the shirt as I try to process all of this. Did I really just find my straight best friend making out with a guy? He's always teased me about how me being gay meant that he had a bigger playing field when it comes to the ladies. Well sucker seems like you switched teams or bat for both sides now. Oh, I can't wait to tease him on this shit.

My ears perk up when I hear Daniel slur drunkenly "Logan shush use your inside voice." before giggling hysterically. As he uses his thumb and index finger to show how low I should be talking. Hell, the music in this place is louder than that! I shake my head because this will be a long night.

A drunk Daniel isn't only cute but deadly if you might've noticed when it comes to women or in this case now both men and women.

I'm about to go lend him a hand up but Ace's hand stops me. I raise a brow at his antics when he glances towards his friend taking care of a drunk Daniel. Chuckling at whatever he said before offering to get him something without alcohol. When I see Daniel start rubbing his head. I think oh boy, he's gonna have one killer hangover once he sobers up completely.