Pomegranate's Denial

AN: Hope you enjoy this story!

tw: none

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You grinned, tapping at your phone screen and taking screenshots. You were playing your favorite game. Cookie Run: Kingdom.

Oh, there's a notification for the mail. You tapped it and got 3,000 gems and an apology from Devsisters for another unexpected update.

"Ooh, I can do a ten pull....". You tapped the Gacha and tapped the ten pull button, watching the animation for clues of something new. As Gingerbrave ran to the oven, you noticed Strawberry and Clover hopping up beside him.

'Oh this might be good..'

The witch cackled and her eyes turned a glowing orange-yellow, throwing her dough onto her wood countertop.

A cookie cutter appeared and you tapped it impatiently. Only one of the cookie cutters was glittering. Your hopes were dimming.

You tapped through all the oven animations until you saw the oven door glow purple. You sighed and tapped again, your excitement nearly all gone now.

Until the screen turned an icy white.

"The age of Darkness shall come!"

The screen opened to a dark and eerie throne room, a red Seer levitating up and down.

"For my master!"

You stared at the screen for a few moments.

".......Simp."

Pomegranate cookie? Really? Not Red Velvet? Or even Herb? Pomegranate???

You sighed and re-entered your kingdom, immediately looking for Pomegranate. 'Maybe I can make a funny conversation convo'. You dropped Pomegranate on an island, grabbing Almond and dropping him down with her.

"You're coming with me,"

"You will regret this transgression.."

You snorted and took a screenshot. This was kinda entertaining. You decided to level her up and send her to the arena with the rest of the team.

Pomegranate did well, like,- REALLY WELL. Abnormally well. "It looks like you're officially apart of the team, Pomegranate." You said loftily. You yawned and rubbed your eyes. 'How long have I been playing?' You yawned one last time, quickly lulling off to sleep.

The screen still glowed, Pomegranate, Pure Vanilla, Strawberry Crepe, Pumpkin Pie, and Twizzly Gummy still cheering. After a few minutes, it all faded to quiet, the cookies no longer cheerful.

Pomegranate looked around at the others with false serenity. ".......What's happening?".

Pumpkin pie sighed and hugged Pompon gloomily. "This happens sometimes..... They fell asleep again..,".

"Who? I don't see anyone in slumber," Pomegranate looked around, a slight stitch furrowing her brow.

Pure Vanilla hummed pointedly. "Look ahead And don't stop. Eventually, you'll see through the screen,".

"What?" Pomegranate furrowed her brows even further, now staring in front of her. All she could see was a big wide balcony with stained-sugar-glass doors.

But then, it all flickered. She blinked with surprise. "Don't look away," pure Vanilla said dutifully. Everyone was staring ahead now, the silence was filled with an indescribable importance.

Pomegranate concentrated. The balcony flickered away slowly and revealed a dimly lit room and some ginormous-, uh, er,... thing-!Pomegranate wanted to ask questions, but feared that talking or even blinking could make it all go away.

Strawberry Crepe looked at her and smirked. "You see them now?" They asked condescendingly.

Pomegranate hesitantly turned to him. "What- is that?".

Twizzly gummy grinned so widely her good eye was closed,"We call them Baker,". Pomegranate felt like slapping somebody, why was Twizzly smiling?! "Well, this 'Baker' is as big as a witch!" Pomegranate's stature was breaking.

Pumpkin Pie spoke up this time."Don't you worry, they're on our side," she cooed melodically. "They built this kingdom and choose every battle. There's no doubt that under their power, Dark Enchantress's reign will fall,". Everyone's spirits seemed to rise just talking about Baker- well, everyone except Pomegranate.

She was nearly shaking with furry. Her beloved Enchantress, her team, their cause, -would all be wasted! Cast aside and forgotten! She needed to tell Dark Enchantress, and all the other Cookies of Darkness. She glanced over at Crepe. "Crepe," she whispered,"are you still a part of the Cookies of Darkness?". He scrutinized her with pride sewn into his tone, "Nooo~, it's much more fun destroying Red's cake army and getting attention from all the other cookies in the kingdom. Why do you ask?". Pomegranate straightened and looked down upon them, "I simply wanted to be sure that we were on the same page,". Pomegranate turned to Pure Vanilla. "Is there a way that we can leave?", the ancient nodded and swirled his staff in a circle, pressing the 'back to kingdom' button.

In the blink of an eye, everything changed.