The Big Moment Has Arrived!

A week later

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your pov:

"Uuuugghhhh, yes I'm cleaning my room, don't come in."

You slumped down onto your bed, pulling the screen even closer to your face. Today's been a pretty rough day, heck- this whole week's been pretty awful.

You grumbled and tapped the Cookie run kingdom icon, only to groan when you saw the screen.

"Another update?!" You rolled onto your stomach and clicked the update button and pouted, watching as the loading bar filled up.

"What the-?" There's a new event going on? Already? The banner was strategically decorated with the silhouettes of the cookies of darkness, distorted by an especially evil-looking red glow behind them.

'Touch To Start' flashed patiently at the bottom of the screen, reminding you what you came for. One more tap.

Instead of the all-familiar loading bar that sat at the bottom of the screen, there was a call button.

Weird.

One more tap.

"HeLlO bAkEr!!"

You jumped at the voice, impulsively throwing the device to a (somewhat) clean corner of your room. That didn't stop the call though.

"BaKeR? DiD i ScArE yOu? PlEaSe DoN'T lEaVe..."

Wait.

That voice....... Could it..?

"Poison Mushroom??" You stepped tentatively towards the device, picking it up and peering down at the screen.

It WAS Poison Mushroom. He had his little cookie hands pressed up against the glass screen, squinting and looking around. It made sense that he would, considering that the scene behind him looked like the lair of the Cookies of Darkness, which is kinda famous for being dark.

His hazy eyes widened when they saw you. "HeLlO bAkEr, sOrRy I sCaReD yOu,". His voice and tone was more controlled now, but you could still see his excitement underneath.

You, understandably, didn't know how to react.

"Uhhmm, hi? Why are you calling me Baker?"

Poison Mushroom sat down at the bottom of the screen, smiling in his usual awkward sweet way. "HeHe, ReD vElVeT tOlD mE tO cAlL yOu ThAt..."

"That I did,"

You reflexively wound your arm back to throw the device (again), but stopped when you heard screams.

The screams of multiple, VERY familiar voices.

"Wait, how many cookies are there?" You returned the device back to a neutral position, scanning the screen for the living delicacies, but only finding Poison mushroom.

"I'm sorry I scared you guys, would you please come out?"

Just as asked, Red velvet walked on-screen. He hoisted his sword effortlessly onto his shoulder and scrutinized his free cookie-hand dramatically before looking up and giving you a salute. It would appear that his idea of first impressions is a bit showy.

Pomegranate treaded into view as well, with licorice close in tow, the latter looking up at you uncertainly. If Pomegranate had been scared earlier when you threatened to throw the device, she hid it incredibly well now.