THis Is Why Mom Doesn't Freaking Love You!

(Heads up, most of this chapter takes place the week before the beginning of it :p)

I thought my life couldn't get much weirder at this point. That was of course, before a walking mummy stood in front of our classroom and began to teach.

Classes were back and so was everyone else, including Eraser or as Kaminari likes to call him, Mommy. Yeah...honestly, I don't know how he's not dead, but he got away with calling Mr. Aizawa that like three times before anything bad happened.

So, as of now, we are all forbidden from calling Eraser Mommy. This of course, also came with the rule that we couldn't call him Daddy either, as Kaminari tried that too. That one earned him a week's detention and a three-page essay on respect and manners. Poor boy, I didn't know if he even knew what those words meant, but that's what you get when you piss Aizawa off.

After the attack, the school took an extended weekend and we all spent two extra days at home for recuperation purposes. All of the students involved were told to rest and heal. Eraser made extra sure that I stayed home and so the break was extra boring for me.

With dad not ever being home, I just found myself surrounded by quiet. It was nice for a second, but then my thoughts started wading in and it wasn't long until I was completely submerged and drowning.

The silence taunted me. My father's absence, the fact that there was not even a trace of my mother, no pictures of me with any friends or family...it was all just a reminder of all of the hurt I'd caused and all of the people I've driven away.

I was sitting in the center of my bed with the intention to try and read something. I used to like books a lot when I was younger, but after the accident, I found that I didn't really take interest in anything really. Everything that I used to like or enjoy just kind of felt...empty.

It was frustrating. Especially sitting in my bed with my eyes scanning over word after word and not reading a single one.

It was like, no matter what I did, I couldn't allow myself to be happy. Maybe I didn't deserve it...I knew I didn't, but maybe that was why I was feeling like this. I was punishing myself, or I was being punished for all that I'd done.

Tears began to pool in my eyes, and I slammed the book shut before my mind could wander any deeper into topics I didn't want to get into. I refused to continue my break like this, I just needed something...

Cookies. I needed cookies. Which meant I had to go to the store, but I was sure that Eraser wouldn't scold me too harshly for treating myself.

And besides, it was just cookies.

Luckily, the store wasn't too far away from my house, and so I just opted to walk there after locking up behind myself.

The night air was still chilly, but I could tell that it was heating up and that it wouldn't be too long before summer was here. That thought terrified me, the fact that time seemed to be passing so quickly and before I know it, the first term will be over.

As I walked along the street, I watched the sunset. It was a pretty one tonight, the sky a mural of reds and oranges and pinks and even some purple that was beginning to turn blue for the night. For whatever reason, I had always liked the sky, just outside in general I loved. To me it seemed so...natural. So free. Not held down to human standards or rules. And so open. It was like, no matter which way I looked, it went on farther than my eye could see.

It was a great escape.

I'd made it to the store and was in and out, emerging with a small bag of ingredients to make my cookies. Honestly, cookies were about the only thing I could make, but I would be damned if they weren't going to be the best cookies ever.