Chapter Sixteen

{{--Three days later--}}

BEEP
BEEP
BEEP
*SLAM*

Déjà vu again? Just great, I think with an annoyed eye roll. Not long after I feel a sharp pain in my back and head, especially my mouth, and quickly sound the alarm. Soon Athena rushes in and I blackout in a flash of light.

.     .     .     .     .     .     .

In the flash of light, a petite male appeared. This shocked Athena and Chelsea who had just rushed in. "But, how? Why? You're a male." He looks at Athena with a somewhat lazy grin, his petite 5'5 frame slouching over as if he is trying to make himself invisible. "It's mostly because I'm trans. But the gods said I would be a better fit for them. Secondly, they identify as non-binary so it doesn't matter if she gets a male or female." Athena nods and says, "You are a demon, right?" He nods. "Well technically I'm her vampire and her demon since my mom was a demon and dear old dad was a vampire. He fits the stereotype that most vamps abandon their families. He left us when I was just a baby. But enough of my sob story. I am Dominic Hale and I am a demon-vampire hybrid." Both Athena and Chelsea look at him in shock. "I'm just relieved that she won't suffer for much longer," Athena says with a little sigh. "Well she still has some shifts left, her body can handle it. She will need to shift at least once a week so she can get used to the pain. Also, do you have any blood? I forgot to feed this morning." Athena nods. "Of course. We have a few vampire witch hybrids here." She teleports a cow's heart and gives it to him. He turns his back to them. 

He feeds rather quickly and goes into Davi's bathroom. He comes out about 5 minutes later. "Sorry had to find a spare toothbrush so I could get the blood smell off my breath. Some young vampires don't do that, and I find it gross. But thank you for the blood, ma'am." Athena smiles, "Good to hear you have good hygiene. Some kids aren't that competent when it comes to that.  And you are very welcome. What type of person would I be if I neglected someone's forms. Davi is basically family already so please relax and enjoy your time here. Also just call me Athena. No need for manners." He nods and gives an anxious grin. "Well, I need to go now. See you later, Athena." He lays on the bed and in a flash he disappears and in his stead was Davi. She yawns and mumbles "Cold..." Before snuggling into the covers and falling back asleep. "She will be out for a while. Might as well get some chores done." Chelsea says and walks out of the room. "Yeah. I'm gonna make some potions for her. Since last night was a full moon, I have plenty of moon water to make her nightmare potions." Athena slowly walks up to Davi's anxious and shaking body and murmurs a few Latin words, giving a strong protection and healing spell. She then touches Davi's head and murmurs once more, giving a spell that will give her a break from her anxiety so she can rest peacefully. The shaking slowly stopped and she took a deep breath and was finally calm. She slowly backs away and goes to the door. "One day you will be such a powerful goddess. I'm so proud." She whispers and leaves the room.

.     .     .     .     .     .     .

It's dark in here. I walk and walk, yet I go nowhere. I see a bright light in the distance. I know what that is. It's my soul. It feels like years before I finally get to the light source. It's a bowling ball-sized orb. It floats to me and I grab it causing it to magically disappear. Soon five figures surround me in cloaks. One takes her hood off. "Hello. It's me! Melody Smith. As you know I am your angel, but I am also your guardian until you get assigned one. You will get assigned one when you go to the Academy. For now, you are well protected." She says. Her 5'8 frame walks up to me and hugs me. "Next!" I hear an unfamiliar voice say. Melody pulls away and backs up. The figure beside her takes his hood off."Hello. I am Dominic Hale. I am a demon vampire hybrid. So I represent both your vampire and demon. I am here to help you and your mental health. If you need to talk to anyone I can help with that. It is very nice to finally meet you!" He was around 5'6 and was very lean. He had brown hair which quickly faded to black. He was wearing a white t-shirt underneath a brown hoodie. He was also wearing skinny jeans and black combat boots that blended into the darkness, the only things visible were the buckles and aglets as they glow a bright white. His short frame walked over and hugged me before backing up like Melody. The figure on the other side of Melody takes her hood off. She had a blue form-fitting dress on. She was on the heavier side but there was nothing wrong with that. She was around 5'5 and had purple hair and eyes. "Hello, Davi. I am Galaxy Dixon. I am your witch. I help make complex decisions. I also help you get motivated to do things." Galaxy says. "Let's get down to business." Melody says. "Your wolf is next. She will come in three days and no less. make sure to eat as much as you can the night before. Let Athena know because she needs to secure you in a cell so your wolf doesn't go crazy. Do you understand, Davi?" I nod, "Three days and eat the night before, got it.". Melody looks me in the eyes, "Do you have any questions before you awake?" she asks. I nod and ask, "Who are they?" and turn to the other two cloaked figures. "They will reveal themselves when you shift into them. For now, don't worry about it." Galaxy calmly said. I nod and my eyes start to itch and a bright light forms above us. "You're waking up. Have a good day." Melody says. "I'll see you in training!" Galaxy says. "I'll be there when you awake." I nod at what Domonic says. The light gets bigger and soon I awake.

 I yawn and see Athena pacing by my bedside, staring at the ground. "Hey," I say with a morning voice. "Davi! You're awake!! How are you feeling?" I give a tired smile. "I'm still drained. I just want to sleep more. But my forms told me to deliver a message." I tell her. "Well, your body needs a lot of rest. What did they say?" Athena asks with curiosity. "They said my wolf would be next. They also said it's in three days and to eat a lot the night before." She nods and says, "Yes, that makes sense. It also gives time to rest. Because you will need it." She gives me a nausea potion and uses telepathy to call Tammy in here. She walks in with a notepad. "What do you want? Oh, Davi is awake. Hey kiddo, what do you want to eat? We have bacon and eggs, oats, or pancakes." I think for a second. "Bacon and eggs. With a few slices of toast, please." She smiled and nodded. "I'll be back in fifteen minutes with your food." I nod and ask Athena, "What day is it?" She teleports a calendar. "It is October 10th, 2012. That nausea potion is a bit weak since it's been a week since the last full moon. We will have to wait till the 29th for the next one. I need to gather potion ingredients to prepare the nightmare potions. I will do that later. I need to go now but enjoy your food and don't forget to pray to your god or goddess." She leaves just as Tammy walks in. "Here ya go kiddo! Three bacon, two eggs, and two toast to go with it. Bon appétit!" She gives me the tray and leaves. I put on some morning cartoons and eat peacefully. Let's hope it isn't a busy day.