-𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥-

When you walked up to The Brew, a tall male stood leaning up beside the gate. He had his head down in his phone, nodding to the music. you inwardly sighed, realizing you were going to be preoccupied all the more while having to train this guy. Took you back to when Eren first got here. Hopefully, you didn't have to show him too much. Though the closer you got, the more familiar he started to look. Or it could be you forcing his face to fit like someone you knew.

When you stood in front of the gate, keys out, you spared him a quick glance. Only then did he look around, just as you squatted to push it in the keyhole and turned. He shoved his phone in his pockets and plucked his earphones out to go in the same pocket and started with a confident, "Hi, My name's Khadeem."

He could barely see the side of your face with your hair in the way

He could barely see the side of your face with your hair in the way. "I just started today as a new manager. Joe told me to come in this morning to meet you and learn some things here and there. You're (Y /n), right?"

When the gate reached the top, you stood and looked at him. "Khadeem Jones?" Your eyebrows knitted closely. "From JHS 231?"

He started smiling right away, dropping his head back and clapping. "Wooow. And here I was trying to get my hopes up when I heard the name yesterday but it's really you." He spread his arms wide and you accepted the warm embrace that toddled your back a bit from his strength. "How've you been? I haven't seen you in eons, girl."

"I'm doing good," you patted his back.

"You haven't changed a bit, bombon. You're still as pretty as you were back then." He stepped back to get a proper look at you then shook his head. "Nah. I'm lying. Pretty ain' t the word for you. You are beautiful ."

You couldn't lie to yourself, the fact that he still used your old nickname made your cheeks lift higher. "You look really good yourself." You glanced at the door. "Hold on. Let me open up this stupid door, then we can catch up properly inside." You got it open as soon as possible and flicked on all the lights as you walked through to get to the breakroom.

You put your purse down on your usual seat in the corner and sat down. "I can't believe you work here now."

"That's my line," she gently tapped your arm as he pulled the chair beside yours out. "I didn't think I'd see you ever again after middle school. Watchu been up to? How's life been treating you?"

"Life's been...life." Is the best way you could describe it. "I'm in my last year of uni now, majoring in Art and Design."

"You're still drawing? Aw man," he leaned back in his seat. "That's amazing."

"Of course I am. I had so much fun sitting and drawing whatever the heck with you back then. You were the reason I kept going in the first place." His shyness came over in the form of chuckles. "I thought you were like a little Picasso."

"I don't deserve that much praise, but I'll take it, thanks." The both of you shared a little giggle.

"My mom still has everything I did put up somewhere in my house," you shooed your hand upward. "Do you still draw, too?"