Chapter 29

It's been almost 24hrs but there is no change in Veera's condition. Kla and Sun managed to send Veera's parents home as they looked tired due to lack of food and sleep. Kla and Sun stood outside the Intensive care unit waiting for some positive news.

Tanet's condition is not good. He is screaming and crying in semiconscious condition. He is calling out Veera's name repeatedly. Daw and Rune could not bear to see Tanet in such a condition. So they walked out of the room leaving PJennie to sit beside Tanet.

In the hospital corridor:

Kla and Sun were pacing left-right while Daw and Rune sat there in complete silence. Daw was the first one to break the silence.

Daw: Kla, will we lose them?

Kla quickly comes towards Daw and kneels down before him. He then holds his hands and looks into his eyes.

Kla: No. We won't. They are fighters. They will win this battle too.

Daw: I cannot lose him Kla. He has been protecting us his entire life. He deserves all the happiness in this world. If something happens to Veera, he will not be able to live.

Kla: Shush...It's the same case with Veera. He is my best friend, my brother. I can't lose him too but if something happens to Tanet, he will never be the same. So the only thing we can do is to pray and think positively.

Daw nods his head. On the other side, Rune was crying silently. Sun hugs him tight and consoles him with soothing words. Just then the doctor comes to check Veera. They wait outside for the doctor tensely. Soon the doctor comes out with a grim expression.

Kla: Doctor, how is he?

Doctor: Not good. He is still unconscious.

Everyone looks at each other dismayed by the news. Tears start filling everyone's eyes.

"Veera"

Everyone turned around to see Tanet standing behind them with tears in his eyes.

Tanet: Veera

Tanet tries to walk towards the Intensive care unit but Daw and Rune stop him. He struggles to get past them.

Daw: Tanet, he is still unconscious. Please listen to me.

Tanet: Veera... VEERA...

Flashback ends.

Present:

"Tanet"

Tanet looks at the person sitting next to him.

Tanet: When did you come?

"Just when you started to cry like a baby."

Tanet: VEERA...

Veera just puts his hands up accepting defeat. He just looks at Tanet whose eyes were filled with tears.

Veera: You are doing it again

Tanet: I am sorry. I just can't forget what happened that day. Because of me...

Veera: Stop right there. Nothing happened because of you. Someone almost died trying to prove that point and you are still stuck there Tanet.

Tanet: VEERA.

Veera: Yes baby

Tanet: It's not something to brag about. Only stupid people try to get themselves killed to prove a point.

Veera: Not stupid people but people in love my dear. I was just trying to prove that my baby is not jinxed.

Tanet: You could have lost your life due to your stupid plan.