3.

Next Day.

"Thank you for coming. I really am sorry for your loss. I'll do my best to get Dante the justice he deserves." Saniyah spoke softly to his crying mother, rubbing her back.

"Please, please find the person who killed my baby. Tae was a good boy! He was, Ms.Rose. My poor baby." She sniffed, shaking her head as she dabbed her eyes with a Kleenex.

"I will. Again, I'm sorry." She gave her a sad smile, and his mother briefly hugged her, before leaving her office.

Saniyah groaned, sitting back in her chair, laying her head on her desk. She was so tired. After finishing up with Vincent yesterday, she was only home for two hours before she was being called in to the precinct to finish her case.

She was worn out, and still hungry, by the way. Neglecting her health was something that happened often with this job. She worked long hours, many double shifts, and always forgot to eat and sleep.

It took a toll on her body, but she had a job to do. She knew she had to do better before it got too bad, which would happen soon enough if she didn't start now.

There was a knock on her door, and she picked her head up, granting them permission inside.

"This was just dropped off for you, Rose. By a nice little happy lady. Should've gotten her number." Rob sighed, sitting a fabric bag on her desk, and she chuckled.

"Bye Rob." She gestured him away, and he waved, before leaving her office and closing the door.

Curiously looking at the bag, she reached to open it, before stopping once her phone rung. Picking it up, she read over the many zeros as the number, hitting her power button.

Her phone rung again, and she did the same thing, but it rung once more, making her groan in frustration.

"I don't feel like arguing right now. Please stop calling my phone." She mumbled, her forehead in her palm.

"Open the bag mama." The Reaper spoke, and she rolled her eyes at the name both him and Dayvon was too fond with, grabbing the bag.

She unzipped it, before pulling the flap up, seeing a styrofoam container inside. Pulling it out, she grabbed a cold cool blue Gatorade from the bag as well, sitting it on her desk.

"What is this?" She frowned, opening the container up, and her stomach immediately growled.

"Why haven't you ate Saniyah?" He asked, his tone in a scolding manner.

"Why does it bother you?" She retorted, closing the plate back.

"Because. I like you." He carelessly shrugged, and she rolled her eyes. She found herself rolling her eyes a lot more often lately.

"You're sick." She face palmed herself, and he chuckled.

"A lil bit. Eat the food please." He said, and she looked up at the corner of her room where a security camera was, knowing he'd hacked into the feeds and was watching her.

"No. Go to hell." She retorted, her face holding a blank expression.

"You are such a pretty girl. I don't know why you got that ugly ass attitude." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Maybe because you're a killer who gives me a new case almost every week? What are you getting out of this? Turn yourself in and quit acting so damn innocent. You're a criminal! I will never like you, I will never be nice to you. Stop fucking trying." She frowned, still looking at the camera.

"I didn't poison the food or anything. I just want you to eat. It's sausage and shrimp jambalaya. Your favorite." He mumbled, and she placed her forehead in her palm, sighing.