23.

Five days later. | September 6th, 2022.

"Fuck." Saniyah groaned, throwing up into the toilet, once again. Kentrell stood behind her, holding her hair back while she emptied the contents of her stomach.

Von walked in the bathroom, opening the can of ginger ale, wiping her mouth off with a warm towel, watching tears fall from her eyes.

"We right here ma." He pecked her lips, and she sniffed, taking the can of soda from him, taking a few sips from it.

"Baby?" Kentrell tilted her head to face him, and she shook her head no.

"I'm not pregnant Ken." She held a pout on her face, wiping the tears that fell.

"Ok. That's okay, just take the tests fa' me to make sure?" He suggested, and she nodded, letting him help her from the floor.

She sniffed again, tying her long curly hair into a back ponytail while Von grabbed the CVS bag from the bed.

She pulled her panties down, sitting down on the toilet as he passed her the box that contained two tests.

She opened it, and both of them kept their eyes on her as she began peeing on the sticks. She hoped with everything in her that the tests were negative.

She knew how bad both of them wanted a kid but she just didn't know how it would work. She didn't want to think about how they would be able to stay together, knowing her baby's father couldn't be both of them.

She also wasn't sure if she was ready to be a mom, to raise a whole kid when she never had the proper guidance herself. Von grabbed her face, and she met his eyes, a small frown resting on her lips.

"Stop thinking so hard. You know we got you mama. It's okay." He wiped her tears, and she nodded, wrapping her arms around his neck, making him chuckle.

He rubbed the nape of her back, before pulling away from the hug, and pulling her shirt from over her head, Kentrell running hot bath water in the tub.

She wiped herself, flushing the toilet, and then stepped in the tub with her soda after washing her hands.

Kentrell put her bonnet on her head, and she smiled, letting him tuck the extra pieces into it as well. He kissed her forehead, and her eyes closed momentarily, before they opened to meet his.

"I love you baybeh'." His accent was heavy, and she chuckled, rubbing his hand.

"I love you too DeSean." She mumbled, laying her head on her tub side, sipping from the straw that was in her ginger ale.

Von's timer went off, and Kentrell looked over, both him and Saniyah watching as Von grabbed the tests from the counter.

"Negative." He flipped the tests to show both of them, and she sighed in relief, holding her chest, making Kentrell chuckle.

"Guess I gotta try harder." He kissed her cheek before standing upright, and she laughed, shaking her head at him.

"You think maybe it's alcohol poisoning from when you got sloppy drunk the other day?" Von asked, chuckling, and she nodded.

"I was mixing dark with clear." She mumbled, holding her head because she could feel herself getting a headache.

"Dumba-." Kentrell started, and Von hit him in his chest, making him and Saniyah laugh.

"I know better next time. I haven't drunk in so long. It's been longer than a year." She shook her head at her self, sitting upright in the tub.

"Glad you learned yo lesson. Hurry up though baby we got that interview to go to, remember?" Kentrell leaned over to kiss her face, and she nodding, grabbing her loofah.