Care For You

[Edited]

I was shielded by a thin barrier from the vicious paparazzi who started bombarding me with ridiculous questions as soon as they recognized me. I chose to ignore them. However, suddenly, a little girl ran up to me from the crowd. I wondered why a kid was present there. Maybe she was one of the paparazzi's children? But it made no sense to me why they would bring her along.

"Sneha!" Someone from the crowd said. It wasn't a paparazzi. She was a maid. Must be a single mother, but I don't want to assume. Suddenly, everyone stopped clicking pictures. Everyone wanted to see how I reacted.

"Hi beta, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"You're pretty!" She said and I chuckled.
"Sneha want to go back to Mumma?" I asked and she nodded. I didn't want to give away much of my precious time to a kid today. I had work to do. Thankfully she was a well-behaved kid.

I handed Sneha to her mother who was on the verge of tears she thanked me endlessly and I made my way in.
The paparazzi didn't ask me any more questions and I was glad. If I heard more of those ridiculous questions I would have broken someone's neck.

"After the doors closed behind me, I looked around and saw a room full of wealthy people. I recognized many of them from my own engagement party, which added a touch of irony to the situation. Although some of them recognized me too, nobody made an effort to talk to me, making the atmosphere rather awkward."

"Mimi?" I turned to my side to see Raj looking at me with an open mouth. 

Abhiraj's POV

I got ready for the engagement party. Mimi informed me that Kavita caught a cold and that she wouldn't be coming. I told her it was alright and informed Hritik that he could take Meghna to his date. Now he's planning on introducing his daughter to his girlfriend today.

I called my chauffeur and made our way to the venue.
"Fucking paparazzi." I tsked.
"They're just doing their job." My chauffeur, who was an old man, laughed.
"I know." I gave him a tired smile. I'm so done with these people and their ridiculous questions and claims.

I left the car. Even though I could sense that they were intimidated by me, they still dared to inquire about my personal life. Unlike the previous guests, who were happy to engage in small talk, I don't have the patience for such nonsense."

"Abhi!" My sister Samaira came to me as soon as she found me. We hugged and then I shook hands with my brother-in-law, Jaydeep.
"How are you, my man." He said as he side-hugged me.
"I'm good, how're you?" I asked.
We talked for a while and then Pankaj made his way to us with a glass of champagne in his hands.
"Bhabi," he addressed my sister and then his brother. "Oh, Abhi, sorry didn't see you there." He said with a smirk. "You need glasses then," I said as I picked a glass of non-alcoholic drink for myself from the waiter.
For some reason, Pankaj never liked me I never understood why, but now I had a reason to hate him as well.

"Ahem, enjoying the party, bhabi?" He asked my sister.
"Oh, very much so, but I think I'd have enjoyed it more if someone my age was here." She said.
I looked around and everyone was either too young or fucking old. There was no one in the middle, just me, and her husband.

My sister is in her late thirties and she has three kids. She doesn't gossip too much and hates young women, because they 'don't understand her sentiment' as she says.

"Oh, honey, don't worry, Myra will be here soon to keep you company. I hear Dixit and Shiv are also coming." Her husband said as he held her shoulder.
"Oh yeah," my sister said excitedly. Man, everyone around me is such a kid. I was suddenly reminded of a certain girl who was hopping around at the mention of a small cafe.
I chuckled silently.
"W-wait! Myra is coming? Why?" Pankaj's complexion was visibly paled.
"Oh, Kritika invited her and her family didn't you know?" My sister smiled. I knew that the whole Oberoi family adored Myra, so they'd be ecstatic to meet her. They had readily accepted her a family before this dumbass decided to fuck it up but cheating on her.
Sis said they don't feel awkward around her just because Pankaj broke up with her because she's already family.
I smiled, she can charm people around her. That's her specialty.