[2.1.4]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘙 𝘙𝘢𝘬𝘦
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘞𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘙 𝘙𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘞𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯

______________________

"Oh, is that the Earl of Gloucester?" I look at the man with a raised brow, "the poor man... a horrible death his wife had. Influenza, was it?"

Frederick nodded and took a sip of his drink. "That it was. Although, even the news of her on her deathbed did not stop him from being seen with that mistress of his the very morning."

I cock my head to the side as I peer at him. "He does look rather... sad though, doesn't he?"

Frederick sighed, glancing at the Earl before back over at me. "I heard that the late Earl's wife had been passed down a rather sizable fortune before she passed- handed down from her father. Once she died, the old man snatched it right back before the Earl could even try to claim it as his. The two of them got into quite a little scuffle when the Earl finally found out what had happ-"

"Oh! Is that them?" I practically lean over Frederick and watch with excitement as Lady Danbury walks in with the Sharma's. "Oh, Kate looks simply breathtaking in that color! Don't you agree, Frederick?"

"Not nearly as breathtaking as you do, Ren," Frederick says, smiling over at me, "should we make our way over and say hello?"

"You always seem to have the best ideas, Frederick," I grin and loop my arm into his as we start across the floor towards the Sharma's.

Lady Sharma and Edwina already seemed to be locked into a passionate conversation, both of them glancing back towards the dance floor and peering at the eligible men who were dancing, as well as a few who were lingering around the room. A step or two away from them, Kate and Lady Danbury were tucked away into their own quiet but still determined conversation.

"-The only match I am interested in is for my sister. She trusts me implicitly. Now, what about the Duke of Suffix?" Kate peers over at the Duke in question and gazes at him in curiosity. "According to Debrett's, he should be quite the catch this year."

"The Duke is well known to flaunt his mistresses," I say, quickly stepping beside them. "I apologize, Lady Danbury, Miss Sharma, I couldn't help but see you two practically hidden away during a perfectly wonderful ball."

Lady Danbury hums in agreement as she glances at the man in disdain. "I assure you Ms Sharma I have our prospects well in hand. Now, have you met The Duke and Duchess of Windsor?"