[2.2.9]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘖𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦: 𝘈 𝘍𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘢 𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘩

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘖𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦: 𝘈 𝘍𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘢 𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘩

______________________

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," the minister reads.

Philippa beams as she and Mr. Finch lean in and kiss.

The room breaks out into light applause as they break apart, looping their arms together and beginning to walk down the aisle.

"Oh how wonderful," Mrs. Finch says, watching as Philippa and her son walk down the aisle. She turns back towards Lady Featherington with a smile. "And to think, we are all one family now, Lady Featherington."

Lady Featherington chuckles weakly as she gazes down at the tissue she was holding. "Yes. What a delightful thought."

"We must tell the new Lord Featherington," Mr. Finch says, looking over at his wife who nods in agreement. "Where is the new Lord Featherington?"

Lady Featherington pauses before offering them a weak smile. "He is here somewhere, to be sure. Let me find him."

______________________

"Philippa! The wedding was gorgeous! I'm so glad that I was able to come," I pull her into a quick hug before stepping and looking at her dress with wide eyes. "And your dress... it is so... unique! Perfectly you!"

"It means a lot that you were willing to come... especially since we decided to make it such a small event," Philippa said, looking over towards her now-husband with complete adoration.

"I cannot wait to see what you do next," I say. "I know that you both will make a wonderful family!"

"Um, Prudence?" I turn towards the eldest Featherington sister who hums in acknowledgment and looks up at me from her plate of sweets.

"Do you know anything about Charlotte Glendale?" I ask.

Prudence snorted and rolled her eyes, putting her plate to the side as she crossed her arms and looked over at me. "Know her? How could someone not?"

"I heard that she was trying to marry Baron Conway...," Philippa added in, scurrying over towards us and taking a bite of the cookie she had brought with her. "Not that it worked... she had to settle for Lord Glendale-"

"A mere Lord... not even a Baron. I'm sure that her mama was ecstatic about that," Prudence said, chuckling, "I heard that the wedding was done in three days... three! She had the baby not even a year later...."