[2.2.8]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘖𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘖𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘛𝘸𝘰: 𝘖𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘖𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴

______________________

"Ready?"

"Of course," I loop my arm with Frederick's as we start towards the entrance of the race.

"Philippa!" I race over to her and engulf her in a hug. "It is so wonderful to see you! It feels as though it has been forever since we were last able to see each other! Mr Finch, how wonderful to see you again as well. Oh, I heard all about the upcoming wedding, are you not so excited! I do love weddings!"

Philippa chuckles and nods her head dreamily. "I do..."

By now we have gathered a small group of girls around us, each of them excited to hear about the latest wedding that is set to take place.

"It will be an intimate ceremony," Philippa explains to us. "But Mr. Finch said he wished for nothing to distract from his bride, if you can believe it."

Prudence scoffs as she walks past. "I certainly cannot. Can you, Penelope?"

Philippa's face falls slightly as she overhears her sister's words, the joy dissipating from her face.

"Pay Prudence no mind, Philippa," I say, leaning in closer to her and lowering my voice. "She is merely envious that you have found your match and she has yet to... she means well... underneath it all."

Philippa nods as a small smile reappears on her face. "I have been meaning to ask if you wanted to join us for the wedding. You are one of my closest friends."

"It would be my pleasure to attend your wedding, Philippa," I say, offering her a gracious smile. "I cannot wait!"

______________________

"Oh, is that Kate and your old school friend- oh, what was his name?" I purse my lips as I try to remember the man's name, watching as he and Kate walk past us and towards the stands.

"Dorset- Thomas Dorset... I do wonder what he is doing back here?" Frederick mutters, raising his brows in confusion. "I shall need to catch up with him soon, I suppose."

"Windsor! Over here!"

"Bridgerton's!" Frederick booms happily, starting over to where Anthony, Benedict, and Colin are standing.