[1.1.3]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘋𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘺 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘋𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘺 𝘉𝘢𝘭𝘭

______________________

Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

The season's opening ball at Danbury House is a most highly sought-after invitation, indeed, for every darling debutante from Park Lane to Regent Street will be on display.

______________________

"Oh, mama! Look at this!"

"I see it, darling," Mama says, chuckling as she walks beside us inside.

"Huntingdon!"

Henry, mama, and I all turn at the sound of our name and smile when we see Lady Bridgerton, Anthony, and Daphne making their way over toward us.

"How have you been?" Anthony pulls Henry in for a side hug as they smile at each other. "It's been too long since we last saw each other!"

"I'd say it has only been a few days," Henry chuckles, grinning at his old friend.

"Exactly," Anthony nods his head in agreement as we all continue to walk inside. "A few days too long."

As we enter the ballroom, every eligible man's gaze turns towards Daphne and me.

"They're all staring, Mother," Anthony says, glaring back at the sea of men who dared to so much as glance at his sister.

"That would seem to happen when the Queen herself compliments a debutante," Mama hums, smiling over at me and gently patting my arm.

"Allow them to come to you, dearest," Lady Bridgerton says, leaning towards her daughter as she continues to look out at the large group of men with an excited gaze.

______________________

Titled, chaste, and innocent, this is what they have been raised and trained for since birth.

Tonight, we shall discover which young ladies might succeed at securing a match, thereby avoiding the dreadful, dismal condition known as 'the spinster.'

______________________

"Oh, mama! I must go see Cressida!" I say, turning to look at mama with pleading eyes she purses her lips but sighs and nods her head.