6. War Where?

YAW

First thing I did after I woke up from an almost sleep deprived night was to go look for that man, War. He wasn't in his room so I headed to the kitchen next thinking I might find him there like I did yesterday, but he wasn't there also.

"Master Yin." George greeted me when I came to the garden looking for the three dogs and their troublemaker caretaker.

"Have you seen War? Is he out walking the three dogs?" I asked but after I was done speaking, I heard yapping noises from behind me. The three dogs are there, boisterous in running towards me but War isn't with them.

"Sir War left early this morning sir. He said he needed to see his parents urgently."

"What? How long was he gone? And why did you allow him to leave George?"

"Master Yin wasn't able to give a specific instruction to hold Sir War like a prisoner. Sir War is very courteous when he told me he's going out so it's very difficult to say no to his request. "

"Next time don't allow him to leave the villa without getting permission from me first, do you hear me?"

"I'm sorry sir. This will not happen again."  George answered guiltily.

My mood was in a total wreck when I drive my car out of the villa. I was furious that War left without me knowing. I tried ringing his phone but he never answered. I started driving to their house but when I got there, a baffled lady greeted me saying his son hasn't come home for a while. War's mom doesn't know who I am so I trusted she was saying the truth. I told her I was a co-worker and a dear friend of his son who came to visit after hearing he had woke up from his coma. The poor woman easily believed me and even invited me in for a tea which I politely declined.

I left their residence with War's mom telling me to come visit again because a handsome friend of War's is very much welcome in their home. If only she knows what I had done to his son, she'll probably chase me out with a dozen of their kitchen knives.

I grew desperate when I didn't find him in the places I thought he would go. I had him investigated after what happened to Mark and made my self familiar of his whereabouts, including his friends, some of his favorite women and the people he was closely associated with. But he was nowhere to be found around those people.

Where could he possibly go?

Mid afternoon came and I still wasn't able to find him. I called back home to ask George if War came home already, but the butler said he still hasn't. I punch the steering wheel of my car in my frustration. I swear that he's gonna regret it when I'd be able to lay my hands on his pretty little neck again.

I drove around the city mindlessly until I find myself near the cemetary where Mark was buried, so I decided to enter the grounds to pay a visit to my beloved instead.

Who would have thought I will find the person I have been looking for since this morning, sitting crossed leg in front of Mark's grave looking so pale and listless? He didn't notice my arrival and just continue to stare blankly at Mark's engraved name on the gravestone.

"You! Why are you here? Do you know how long I've searched for you?" The way I gritted my teeth to control myself from yelling at him in the middle of the quiet cemetary was exeptional. He never bulge nor blink his eyes though. It's as if I was a ghost whispering inaudible words that he can't hear.

"Oi! Are you deaf or playing deaf? Stop getting in to my nerves you good for nothing shit!" I yank his arms as hard as I could and his frail body easily went with my pulling. He's like a helpless marionette with broken strings. I pulled him roughly from the ground and his body collided in mine easily.