18. Hear Me Out Mark

War's sneering face that looks at me mockingly after asking why I called him his cousin's name was something my mind wasn't able to process immediately. We were in the middle of a noisy crowd that one needed to shout if he or she wanted to converse and be heard of.

"Remember me Yin? I'm called War. I may resemble your dear and deceased friend, Mark but I am not him. No. You ok buddy?" He shouted bending his upoer body towards me so his head can be closer to mine to make sure I can hear him. I was able to smell a distinctive perfume that's new to my nose. I can clearly see his poreless and beautiful face. The tip of his now longer hair also brushes against my cheeks giving me a goosebump I never asked.

I can't imagine how I look like when he raised his head to look at my face again. His small giggle tells me I may have looked flustered and my face must have been flushed.

"Are you drunk? I smelled beer in you? Have you been drinking? Your face looks so red." He points at my face in amusement.

"Mark. I..."

"Yin! There you are! Oh I forgot to introduce you to our special guest today." P Bank came out of nowhere, slumping his heavy arms around me, beaming while alternately glancing at War and me.

"P Bank! Well I'm not surprise by this." War crosses his arms and rolled his eyes over the senior P Bank.

"What? What did I do? I just made two good ol' friends meet again, that's all. By the way Yin, here you go. It's the roses you requested." He shove a bouquet of the white roses I bought myself earlier in my chest to my confuscion. He just winks at me and patted my back. "Now I'll leave you two guys and entertain the guests back at the reataurant." He then left War and me looking at each other awkwardly.

I saw War's eyes look down at the roses in my arms before raising to me an eyebrow. I never felt this nervous in all my life.

"Roses. They are for you. As a welcome. That's right." I stammered pushing the bouquet closer to him. His expression was unreadable but before he extended his hands to received the flowers from me, I saw him scrunching his nose as if he was unsure.

"Errr... Thanks? But is this too much to welcome your guest?"

"No. Not at all." If P Bank had told me that the roses are for Mark, then maybe I have gotten more of the prettier ones. Was it the pink ones that he likes best? I should have bought dozens of it to put in his room.

"Uhmm..ok. But I'm not really fond of flowers you know. I'm  not some girl or something."

"War! Let's go have dinner! I'm already hungry." A woman came from behind me, calling out for War who immediately smiled excitedly looking over my back for the owner of the voice that invited him to eat.

"Pri. Coming!" He strode pass me and I followed him with my gaze. A familiar face greeted him and reach out for his hand to grab. It's that woman called Priya. War's supposedly first love.

What is she doing here? Did they come together? Why are they together? Was she with Mark/War all this time? Were they together in abroad? But why? War is Mark right? He can't like that woman. He only likes me. No. He loves me.

"Mark wait!" I called for his name and followed them through the crowd but he never looked back or act like he heard me. He just jog along with that woman and the flowers I gave him dragged along behind him. The roses got trampled on as it got squeezed from the crowd. Some of the buds even fell on the ground and gets crushed by. Mark didn't care at all.

Then he stopped walking and pulled the woman back causing her to stop and gaze back at him. Mark raised the already damaged looking bouquet in his hands. His expressionless face stares down at the torned beauty in his hands before tossing it to the garbage can for biodegradable waste.