Chapter 2 - PE

PE has never been my best subject.

Ok, let me make this clearer for you. My name is Rose and I am 13 years old. I have a disability, in my legs. This means I can't walk permanently. I will never be able to walk. Yes, for those idiots that had not figured it out: I use a wheel chair. It's nothing huge alright? If anything it is dreadfully boring. Anyway, I do everything with my wheelchair. I go everywhere with my wheelchair. Ok? Have you registered that? Hard, but I guess you get used to it after a while. So, I always managed it.

That was my first lesson that day.

Wheeling myself into form, silent sniggers arose. Cheeks burning, I realised that all eyes were fixed on me. As usual. I put the breaks on my wheelchair at the nearest space possible. By this time, the whole class had fallen silent. A beautiful girl with rosy cheeks and frizzy brown hair sat next to me. "Hi." She whispered. "My names Maddy."
"Hi," I whispered back "I'm Rose."

We exchanged polite small talk, why not admit it? She was good company, and as form time wore on, I glanced nervously around the room. Most of our form had got over the shock of my arrival and carried on talking. Except one. His bright blue eyes had a icy feel to them and he was staring, transfixed at me. Pfft. Stalker.

Before I had time to investigate him further, the bell went. PE. I made my way with Maddy to the hall.

The effect was immediate.

The blue eyed kid got to work. "Make way for the disabled cow." He whispered to those in my way. I couldn't understand it. Everyone had been kind enough to not speak about it in my old school. Everyone.

Secondary school is a dangerous thing, you'll learn that. You will never get anything good without a price. If its free, it's fake. Like friends. True friends you will have to stick up for no matter what. If you don't protect them, you or them are going to be fake. And I was yet to learn that the one friend I had formed, was to be one of those of the "fake" variety.