Chapter 1: 1933

Ages:
Bucky: 16
Y/n: 15
Steve: 15

The rain poured down from the dark, eerie clouds in the sky above me. It wasn't unusual weather for Brooklyn, especially since it was mid April. My heels clicked and splashed on the sidewalk as I hurriedly walked down it, trying to get to my destination as quickly as possible.

I slipped on a particularly slick spot on the sidewalk but quickly regained my balance and continued walking. Muffled voices came into earshot but I ignored them and kept my eyes trained at my feet, only occasionally looking up to make sure I didn't need to turn.

Looking at my feet seventy-five percent of the time probably wasn't the best idea, however, that didn't stop me from doing it. I let out a slight squeal as I tripped over my own feet and was sent toppling over.

A pair of strong arms caught me before I could collide with the hard sidewalk. They lifted me back onto my feet and I smoothed down my skirt before looking at the two teenagers in front of me.

The one who caught me was tall with dark, chestnut brown hair and blue eyes that would beat the ocean by a long shot. He wasn't super muscular, but wasn't as skinny as the boy standing next to him, who was shorter and had had short blond hair with pale blue eyes which had little specks of green throughout them.

"Thank you." I thanked, my cheeks heating up slightly in embarrassment.

"It's okay, it happens to all of us," He spoke, his hand still resting on my upper arm as he flashed me a welcoming smile. I returned the expression and let my eyes linger on his. I snapped out of my trance as he spoke again, "What are you doing out here without an umbrella?" He asked, moving his umbrella so that we were both standing under it.

"It wasn't raining when I left earlier." I informed, a shiver running through my spine as the cool wind whipped around me. The boy looked around us and my gaze flicked to the other boy. The corners of his lips twitched into a small, awkward smile. I smiled back and rubbed my hands up and down my arms, trying to warm myself up as much as possible.

"Follow me." The taller boy finally spoke, his eyes returning to mine.

"No." I stated firmly.

"Why not?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to figure it out without having to tell him. "I promise I'm not a murderer."

"That's exactly what a murderer would say." I narrowed my eyes at him playfully.

The smaller boy laughed along with the taller one. I couldn't help but to crack a smile.

"Seriously, you can trust us. We're just two teenagers trying not to catch hypothermia by standing in the rain." The taller one informed. I thought for a second before eventually nodding and following the boys. We walked for a minute or two before reaching a building.

I followed them up the steps and stood awkwardly behind them as the shorter one searched his pockets for his keys. The taller boy sighed and kicked a brick to the right of him, bending down and picking up a small golden key before standing back up and handing it to him.

"Always losing your keys." The taller boy muttered as the other boy unlocked the door. I hesitantly followed them into the building. They flicked on the lights to the small apartment and I sat down on the small couch and pulled my sweater closer to me, still desperately trying to warm up.

"I'm Bucky, by the way." The taller boy spoke, sitting down in the armchair across from me.

"Y/n." I smiled and the shorter boy came into the room. He sat down in the other armchair next to Bucky and clasped his hands into his lap.

"I'm Steve." He informed.

And that was the start of a lifelong friendship.

We spent the next few months getting to know each other, growing closer than we ever thought imaginable. We learned almost everything about each other, shared memories, and made our own over the summer.

I grew to like both of their company. It was a nice contrast from the loneliness I normally felt. Hell, I practically lived with Steve with how much time I spent at his apartment.

Over those summer months, I stayed back with Steve and watched as girls practically threw themselves at Bucky and he went along with it. I lost count of how many of them he went out with. He definitely lived up to the notorious 'ladies man' title he'd claimed. I didn't blame them, though. He was gorgeous. Of course, I wouldn't tell him that to his face.

Steve was the complete opposite. He was socially awkward and lacked the confidence that Bucky had. Bucky tried to set him up on countless dates, but he only actually went a few times. None of them worked out, however. He mainly just hung out with me when Bucky was off flirting. I didn't mind. It was nice having someone around to talk to and do things with when I was bored.

...

Welcome to the first chapter of Dead Man's Wish.

I will try to keep the A/N's to a minimum. But if I absolutely have to write one, it will be at the end of a chapter and in bold lettering.

I will post a chapter every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so stay tuned.

Your thoughts and ideas for future events in the story, are all welcome and feel free to comment.