Chapter 4| Let me help you

3rd person POV:

Monday
Mabel's weekend wasn't very eventful. Mason taught her how to play basketball better than she did before,on Saturday and she went to the cinema with a couple of friends on Sunday.

It's now Monday and Mabel hasn't been to the library recently so she decided she'd stop by today and go to her favourite place to read, a flower field not to far from the library.

It's full of a variety of different flowers,has a beautiful river,it's also located right behind a park and isn't to far from her house so she can easily walk or bike there. She would sometimes go to the library to study for upcoming tests but it's summer break so no need to study yet.

Mabel showered,brushed her teeth and pick an outfit to wear, she picked out:

And paired it with her tote bag.

Once dressed and ready to leave she asked Maddi if she wanted to tag along,but she couldn't,she was babysitting her younger cousins whilst her parents and uncle were out so Mabel went out on her own

At the library
Mabel arrived at the library having no clue what types of books she was looking for today,usually she knows what types of books she wants but not today so she just went to the librarian she is familiar with.
"Hey Stacie" Mabel said walking over with a smile.
"Mabel!! Oh my god where have you been I have so much to tell you!" Stacie said pulling Mabel in for a hug.
The two girls are only two years apart and Stacie had graduated this time last year so they're quite close friends.
"I had tests" she replied with a chuckle "how about.. I get some books and we can go to a café when your shift's over?my treat" Mabel said with a smile.
"Yes I'd love to catch up! I finished in two hours so come back then?" Stacie replied opening another box full of new books the library just got in.
"Okay,I'll meet you just outside in two hours?" Mabel asked observing the new changes the library had made in the past week
"Yeah see you then" Stacie replied as Mabel walked away to find some new books she hadn't read yet.

Mabel had picked up 3 new books to read and her aim was to read 4 new ones,so she needed to get one more.
Whilst walking through the back of the library she spotted one book on the top shelf that caught her eye, it was titled "shatter me"and was the only blue/black book in a shelf full of grey and white books.
"I've seen that on Tik Tok!" Mabel said to herself walking towards the bookshelf to grab it.

She tried and tried to reach it but she couldn't. Mabel was about to give up until someone came over.
"Here,let me help you" they said and grabbed the book.
Mabel knew the library and its public well and she had never seen this person before, "t-thank you" Mabel said cursing herself inside for stuttering.
"Here you go,is this the book you wanted?" He said with a smile handing the book over
"Yes,thank you..?" Mabel wanted to say there name but didn't know it,he got the hint and introduced himself.
"Oh right sorry,I'm Jay" he said holding a hand out
"Mabel,nice to meet you" she replied with a smile
"Likewise" Jay replied with a sweet smile which gave Mabel butterflies.

He was wearing blue cargo jeans, a plain black shirt and black trainers,he was holding a few books. He was very attractive she'll give him that,with brown fluffy hair and his shirt was a little to tight on him so she could clearly see his abs. He had black and gold rings complementing his outfit,with a gold chain hanging around his neck. It made his gorgeous green eyes stand out. And the fact that he reads made her cheats heat up. She got to lost in his eyes that she didn't realise she was staring,if his voice hadn't brang her back to her senses she doesn't know what would.

"I've read it before,it's a good book,it's also a series so you'll have to grab the others when your done" Jay said a knowing smirk on his face and grabbing one more book from the shelf. Mabel cleared her throat out of embarrassment
"You have? What happens?" Mabel asked changing the subject and out of curiosity.
"That would spoil it" he replied with a small chuckle and Mabel joined him.

"Are you new to the library?" Mabel asked whilst walking towards the front again.
"Yeah,well new to the town really. I just moved here two days ago and hopefully joining Havenfield in September" Jay replied following along.
"Oh really? That's were I go,the year just finished so I guess you'd be joining in year 13" Mabel said a small smile tugging on the side her lips
"Oh cool!" He said in a small excited tone.
"Huh..that makes you my age..your like ten feet taller then me" Mabel said laughing.
"I'm only 5'8" Jay replied laughing along with Mabel.
"And I'm 5'5 so that's tall for me" She said placing her chosen books on the counter and they both laughed.

They both checked their books out and walked out the library.
Without noticing the two teens were walking to a local park together,exchanging laughs and small talk they reached the park and the field behind it.
"Where are we?" Jay asked taking in the beauty of the field and the smile on Mabel's face.
"Oh this is just where I like to read,you can join me if you want I still have.." she took her phone out and checked the time "an hour" she look up and smiled at Jay,
"Yeah I have time" He smiled back and they both entered the field.

They had conversations,read and ate some donuts Mabel had packed in her bag this morning as she wanted to stay out for the day so she thought she would get hungry later in the day.
Ping!
Mabel got a Snapchat notification from Stacie so she opened it.
"You have Snapchat?" Jay asked
"Yeah,oh it's Stacie,STACIE! Oh my god her shift!" Mabel said reading her message-
"hey my shift ends in ten just letting you know in case you out,see you soon🤍"
"Is there a problem?" Jay asked slightly worried
"Yeah kinda,I promised my friend we would go out and catch up I completely forgot. I have to be back at the library in ten" Mabel said frantically packing her books away as Jay smiled.
"Oh,would you like me to walk with you?" He asked
"Yeah sure,unless you have to be somewhere?" Mabel said with a smile and helping Jay up. Once he stood up Jay towered Mabel
"Damn I forgot how tall you are" Mabel whispered to herself looking down feeling he cheeks turn red.
"No I have nothing to do all day" Jay said pretending he didn't here what Mabel just said.

A/N
Sorry this chapter was so long I hope you've enjoyed the story so far let me know what you think🤍