Chapter 5| Who was that?

"Would you like to put your books in my bag?" Mabel asked Jay whilst they were walking to Stacie and the library.
"Thank you" Jay said slightly brushing his hand against Mabel's placing the books in her bag.

"So you like reading teen fiction?" Jay asked as they turned tho corner.
"Yeah I d- oh there's Stacie!" Mabel said waving her down.
"Mabel!! Where were yo.." Stacie asked trailing off seeing Jay standing next to her,now knowing exactly where she was.
"Ohh" She said under her breath,
"Sorry I'm late I was reading with- Oh yeah! Stacie meet Jay,Jay meet Stacie" Mabel introduced her two friends to each other.
"Hi,I'm Stacie" she said with a friendly smile
"Jay,nice to meet you Stacie" he replied with a smile which once again melted Mabel's heart.
"I'm so sorry Jay but I have to go out for lunch with Stacie now" Mabel said,
"That's no problem I hope you have fun" Jay said sweetly,
"Thank you- oh your books!" Mabel said nearly walking off with Jay's chosen books,
"You know what..keep them,we can meet up one day and I'll get them,you seem to be in a rush" Jay said.
"Yeah okay,I'll give you my Snapchat so we can arrange a day" Mabel said getting a pen and post it note out to write her Snapchat down.

"Bye,have fun" Jay said as the two girls walked in the opposite direction.

"Soooo,who was that?" Stacie asked with a knowing smirk on her face.
"A new friend,I met him at the library earlier" Mabel answered
"He doesn't seem like a friend,you look cute together" Stacie playfully nudged Mabel.
Mabel chuckled
"Stacie,I just met the guy" she replied
"You never know what the future holds" Stacie shrugged as they made there way to the café.

A/N: damn I ship them hard. Sorry about the short chapter I didn't have many ideas for this one! Next chapter should be published tomorrow🫶🏾