Chapter 6| Just me and her

Stacie and Mabel entered the café and took a seat at one of the tables. Stacie updated Mabel on all of the new things that were changing in the library until a small wateriest came over with a pen and a pad of paper.
"What can I get you girls today?" She asked politely.
"Hmm,I'll have an iced tea and a slice of vanilla sponge cake please" Stacie answered
"Please can I have an iced tea" Mabel said
"Yep,coming right up" the wateriest replied then turned and walked away.

"So what tests have you've been completing?" Stacie asked out of curiosity.
"Uhm,the most current one I've done is french and then in the past week I've completed maths,English,science's,p.s.h.e.,music and r.e." Mabel replied
"Oh cool,I did A level music to!" Stacie said as the wateriest who took their order earlier came over.
"Here you go ladies,two iced teas and one slice of vanilla sponge cake." She said placing the girls order on the table.
"Oh thank you" Mabel said with a sweet smile,she returned one then went to greet the old couple who had just entered the cafè.

"I've never been here before,it's really nice" Stacie said
"You haven't!?" Mabel asked
"No,I never had." Stacie said chuckling.
"My mum used to take me here every Friday after school,just me and her" Mabel said her face falling "Well that was before she passed.." She finished and looked down holding her tears.
"Aw Mabel,you didn't need to tell me I know it's hard for you" Stacie said comforting Mabel as she silently sobbed.
"No,it's okay" Mabel replied wiping her eyes and taking a deep breath to calm down. Stacie sadly smiled for reassurance and Mabel returned one.

"Thank you so much Mabel,really we should do this more often" Stacie said pulling the younger girl into a hug.
"We should,it's been fun" Mabel replied enjoying the warm embrace they were sharing.
"Next time it's my treat" Stacie said before grabbing her phone from her handbag.
"Oh sorry,give me a second" Stacie said before picking up the call.
"Oh okay,yeah sure" she said and hung up the call
"I'm so sorry Mabel I've got to go,my cousins are round" Stacie said
"That's no problem I've got to get home anyway" Mabel replied with a smile
"Okay,thanks again Mabel,see you soon I hope" Stacie said turning around
"Of course,bye Stacie" Mabel said walking in the opposite direction.

A/N- how's the book so far?? I hope your enjoying it:) sorry that this chapter was so short.