7. green-eyed glare

Elliot Salvatore

Azrael Carmen was hotter than the fucking sun. I knew the moment she graced the party with hellfire in a dress as black as her soul. So beautiful I felt my skin crawled in literal disgust.

I watched her burns the ballroom with her green eyed glare and let obsession seeped inside my vein, pumping through my system. A cunning woman behind a face of an angel, a cheat and a cold liar. I fucking hated her for being so perfect and loathed that the mere idea of her was fucking with my head.

She talked to no one as she walked through the crowed, looking almost as furious as I was while sipping on champagne far less golden than her hair. I jutted my chin at a white gloved server who passed by and grabbed another glass of whiskey scotch. My eyes stayed firmly on her. And, I thought I was never going to not look when she was in the same room.

In a perfect world, I was nothing if not the perfect gentleman. The one who wouldn't get a raging hard on while I analyzed a dozen ways to break her apart. She was mine. And, I would be damned if her icy heart wasn't bleeding blood between my palm.

After all, I had always been a selfish bastard.

"You have the most fucked up taste in women." Derek started with a dry laugh as he walked toward me.

I broke away my gaze and raised an amused brow at my dear friend. The bastard was one to talk. He knew what exactly was on my mind and going to come out of my mouth when he caught the looks on my face and proceeded to shrug his shoulders, scoffing at me.

A petite red head with a sleeve colorful tattoos draped herself over his expensive suit, Tom Ford and nothing less. Because I remembered him vaguely telling me how he wouldn't be caught dead in a non designer. His restless soul would come back and haunt me for the rest of my life for allowing such thing.

I hadn't seen the fucker's face since he went on his three months long business trip to sunny California and got said face plastered across about a hundred magazines with different women on his arm every other nights. But, he was irrelevant at the moment so I had turned my head away and ignored him.

"Azrael Carmen can and will turn you into stone with her glare. You're no match. Although I would love to see you get your balls handed to you inside a Chanel purse." he chuckled into his champagne flute, lowering his hand to his date's ass.

"I will pay for the bag of course." he added with a wink. Fucker knew how to enable my interest.

"You know her?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Our fathers are good friends." he said casually, testing the water as if I wasn't a second away from murdering him for more information. "She's running a corporation and selling a brand name at twenty three. Everyone here knows her, Elliot."

"Unless of course one was an ignorant fucker whose world revolves only around himself."

I scowled and downed the rest of my drinks. Leaving my oddly smug friend to his date with a parting middle finger, I wandered around with my usual grin but I was definitely fucking sulking in the inside. How the fuck I never noticed her was beyond me. I cursed under my breath and caught my father looking at me weirdly from the across the room.

I looked back, seeing how they all stuck out like a fucking black storm in the middle of a bright sky. My family travelled in a pack. Father was glued to his lovely wife and Nico was a lost case, too busy staring at my sister in law soothing their fussy son. Bastard was star struck. If my twin brother was here, they would have been the whipped triad. Too bad my other sister law was still recovering and trying to get back on her feet.