12. bittersweet

Elliot Salvatore

The bastard was a dead man the moment she smiled at the sight of his blood. Her red lips barely lifted but the excitement glinting across those green eyes pumped my blood with nothing but adrenaline. I looked at her, completely mesmerized thinking about how I had never seen a smile so fucking beautiful.

It made me so fucking sick while physically I wanted to fill her with me so deep I could fuck that smile right off.

"With a smile like that you can ask me for anything and I might just give it to you, Jane." I rubbed my jaw in mock disgust.

She raised a brow at me, casually sipping on her wine. Her eyes followed me as I shrugged off my suit jacket and throw it on my chair. I narrowed my gaze on her and she huffed like I was her biggest bothersome before she looked down at the ground where her step sister attempted to help her fiancé up.

"You broke his face." she turned her head back at me, sending me a half smile.

I chuckled in pure amusement. "You're fucking sick, sunshine."

I would kill a thousand man to keep that smile.

She glared at me then and I only grinned harder. That harsh glare was all mine just like she was.

"What happened to your knuckles? Did you manage to fuck up the punch?" she scoffed, pointing at my bloodied hand.

I cocked an eyebrow, bringing my hand up and examining the blood coated across the knuckles where my skin split opened. "Fucker has a hard face."

Jane was about to comment her usual offense when her step sister screeched bloody murder like she aimed to cause permanently damage on our ears. Fucking Christ. I snapped my head back, meeting Malissa's or whatever the hell her name was glare and her fiancé's pissed off face. I smirked at the blood oozing out of his mouth and nose.

"I'm suing you for assault." the step sister glared harder and I knew she was not even close to being related to my girlfriend.

Jane would chew her alive and spit out her bones like discarded trash. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she could mentally bitch slap her with her glare.

It was when camera flashes started going off in a rapid when I realized the whole place was silent tensed with anticipation. I could feel Jane went rigid behind me and myself straightened up in instinct. I tilted my head back and carefully studied her reaction. She hid it better than when we got out of the car but I could tell she still a little startled. I frowned at her whitened knuckles gripping the table for dear life. I calculated her totally wrong tonight.

"We have a room full of witnesses and pictures for evidence." the step sister started again but I was already at my girlfriend's side, shielding her away with my body.

She glanced up from the table and scowled at me. I smiled playfully. "Want to get out of here, sunshine?"

"I want my dessert." she waved her hand in dismissal as if I asked her the most ridiculous question ever.

You could share your weakness and fear with me and I would still think of you as the she devil who eat children for fun. Your reputation was safe with me, Jane. I almost smiled at my own thought but I knew better now.

She hated my smile and my face in general. What a fucking blow to my ego.

"And, I would like to watch her attempt to sue you." she added, motioning to the twos behind me.

"You enjoying this, sunshine?" I grabbed her hand from the table and brought it to my mouth, kissing her rose scented skin.

She narrowed her eyes at me before snatching her hand back. "Don't get his filthy blood on me. It probably got on you too."