Ammo

*Readers pov*

We move inside the building, huge garage that I could make a badass base from. No way I would though, I have to move with these.

I hear a snag behind me, I turn around to Joel being pulled up by a strong and tight trap that leaves him upside down in the air.

A loud crash is made by the fridge that holds the rope up.

Joel: Shit!

???: Joel!

You: Go untie him!

I hear clickers and runners getting closer and closer.

The girl is looking in fear.

You: Go! Now!

She moves quickly as I reach into my bag and pull out my M4A1. I take out the mags and put them in my pocket.

I get on one knee and raise the machine up.

I hear them getting closer. And closer. And closer.

I see one pop out and run to me.

You: Boo

My deep and menacing voice is followed by a headshot to that runner. It flops down and from each side runs out 10 runners and clickers that scream and charge in hunger with 0 humanity.

I let the gun load on the infected as I stand up to get more accurate.

I release the empty mag and put in a new one as I get closer and closer letting it accurately out on the infected.

I walk straight as I mow down the infected, swtiching mags as more come.

I shoot and spray, switching my aim swiftly and professionally.

Infected stop rolling in as I hold my fire.

Finally, silence fills my ears.

I look down on the floor, the shells I loaded have their remains on the floor.

I turn around to the 2. Joel is standing up from the floor, indicating the girl did her job.

She stands infront of Joel, in shock of what I did. More like, how badass I am, I hope...

I hear footsteps behind me as I pull out my knife and quickly slice the throat of the runner and put it back into my holster. The runner falls down, gushing out blood.

You: Clear. You guys all right?

They nod, in disbelief.

I slide to my bag and place the AR back with the 3 mags.

???: Umm...Cutter? Can you please teach me how to use that?

You: Never shot a gun?

She nods her head no.

You: Fine.

Joel: No. No, that will not happen. Understood?

You: You're not her dad, Joel. The girl needs to know how to survive on her own.

Joel: I make the decisions. So keep your mouth shut before I break it.

He points his finger at me angrily.

You: You talk a lot for someone who's ass was saved. I used 2 mags aswell on your old ass.

Joel: Cutter.

He puts his gun in his pocket.

Joel: Don't make me remind you of Harley-

You: Don't.