Redneck Genius

When they get back to the compound Yelena parks the truck an follows Dani into the garage. While Nat goes up to her room and Wanda goes to the living room to watch tv.

"So I'm gonna guess that Nat likes Wanda but she hasn't mentioned it to her. Am I right?" Dani asks while she preps the car with a cleaner to get the residual paint dust off the car.

"What made you think that? Ms. Detective?" Yelena jokes.

"Oh you know the fact that she got so defensive and then warned Wanda not to read her mind." Dani grins.

"Yup! Who knew you could be so smart." Yelena says as she throws a shop rag at Dani.

"Hey! I'm actually super smart. I just didn't want to show off, an hurt your feelings. One of my nicknames is the Redneck Genius. I've got like five different ways of opening a wine bottle without a corkscrew, one way involves a hammer and a deck screw! I've also had to jerry rig a few things when my truck broke down to get it home." Dani says proudly.

"Oh sure whatever you say. Redneck Genius? Really? But the hammer and deck screw thing is something you'll have to show me one of these days." Yelena chuckles.

"For sure! Although I'm not a huge wine fan so that'll be up to you to finish it when I open it. What's the matter with my nickname?" Dani frowns.

"Sounds good to me. Nothing's wrong with it, it's just funny is all. Are you going to start painting today?" Yelena asks while playing with some of the tools on Dani's roll cart.

"I going to at least start a base layer of primer today. Why do you ask? Do you want to learn?" Dani smiles.

"If it doesn't slow you down I'd love to learn. I like spending time with you and watching you do something you love." Yelena smiles.

"Of course I'll show Lena! I like spending time with you too." Dani says playfully.

Dani and Yelena put some paint suits on so they don't get the overspray on their clothes and masks so they don't breathe in the paint fumes. Dani fills the spray gun up with paint an does a test spray on a piece of cardboard to make sure she likes the pressure and spray pattern. Then she motions Yelena to stand in front of her to hold the spray gun while she stands behind her to guide Yelena's arm over the car.

"See you don't want to get too close to the car or the paint will go on too thick and drip. But if you're too far away it won't cover much. We'll do short passes over it then move it below the line we just sprayed. Make sense?" Dani asks.

"Yeah I think I got it." Yelena says as she starts to spray the car.

Dani helps her on a few passes then lets her go off on her own. She watches Yelena's face light up as she's spraying the car.     

"You're doing a really good job!" Dani yells giving a thumbs up.

Yelena smiles and returns a thumbs up an continues to spray the one side of the car. After Yelena's side is done Dani takes over to finish the rest. Yelena watches in amazement at how fast Dani paints the car. 

"Well now we wait for it to dry an in the morning I'll sand it and probably do another coat of primer. Do you want to go hang out with Wanda in the living room for a bit?" Dani says as she starts to unzip her paint suit.

"Awe, but I was having fun painting. Can I help you tomorrow too? Yeah that sounds fun." Yelena says.

"Have I gotten you addicted to body work? Yeah sure you can help me I enjoy showing you these things." Dani says as she takes Yelena's paint suit and hangs them up.

"Yay! Thank you for taking the time to show me an having the confidence in me to do it too." Yelena smiles.

"We all have to start somewhere. You have a knack for it, your lines that you laid down were pretty solid an straight too!" Dani says excitedly.