Chapter 1

I collapsed on my bed, exhausted from the work of growing crops. My family and I are growers. That means we grow all the food and raise cattle for our Domain. Our Domain is where we live, there is only one Domain that we know of that exists. The world went under a horrible war, and well, not many people survived. Most of the people that did survive created our Domain, and that's where I live now. "Alalia!" My mother yelled from the basement. My house is a cabin. No one lives in big houses in the Domain. We all live in one room cabins with a small basement. But now i'm just getting off topic.... "Alalia Caroline!!" My mother yelled louder. I ran downstairs to see what was the matter. My mother was sitting in her chair in the corner of the cold, damp room. She was rocking back and forth looking at me with sad, tired eyes.

"What, mother?" I asked her. Mother turned around and looked at me.

"Your father, he... he.. was taken away by the patrols today.." I was never that close to my father. But this was horrible news. I cried and hugged mother. "Well, I'm going to go make dinner. You should go and hang out with Destiny."She said. I could tell mother wanted to be alone, so I went to Destiny's house.