Chapter 2

Destiny lived in the cabin across the street from me. As I was running across the street, I noticed how my bright, blonde hair blew in the breeze. My dress was patched up and a little torn. The Domain only allows us one new dress or suit per 6 months. My shoes were homemade. My father made them out of hay and cloth my mother made out of wool from the sheep. Sadly, the Domain doesn't provide us with shoes, so we have to make our own. My tan, bright skin seemed to get darker by the day. Probably because I was in the sun planting seeds or harvesting crops all day long! I ran up the small dirt path that led to Destiny's cabin. Destiny was knitting something, I couldn't tell. When she saw me running up to the door, she quickly put down the thing she was knitting and ran to the door to open it.

"Hi, Alalia." Destiny said to me and smiled. Her brown hair was a little messy from harvesting crops all day. Her skin was even tanner than mine! Destiny's shoes were homemade as well. But hers were black instead of brown. And her shoes were made out of a sturdy wool. The wool in my shoes wasn't sturdy but was very weak. That's why we had to use hay.

"Hey Destiny." I said looking down. Because Destiny and I have been best friends since we were children, she could read my facial expression and know if i'm happy or sad.