Chapter 1: Breakout

It was nightfall. It was rather a peaceful first day of summer on the Island of Sodor, where tourists flock over for vacation, engines are working left and right.

In the prison of London, a grumpy old man was sitting in his cell, seething heavily over what he had did to take the pirate treasure. Using nothing but a metal spoon, he dug his way out of his prison cell and sped off into the night.

"I'm back, Sodor. And this time, no one is safe." Sailor John snarled just as Henry was puffing on the tracks, carrying the usual Flying Kipper.

It wasn't until a few hours later when the police station was missing one prisoner. They sounded the alarms, and fanned out to search for the escaped sailor.

One morning, Thomas and his friends, Rebecca, Nia, Emily, Gordon, James, and Percy were all resting at Tidmouth Sheds when Sir Topham Hatt walked up to the engines.

"Good morning, engines!" Sir Hatt boomed out, just as Thomas was beginning to wake up.

A collective "good morning sirs" rang out before the Fat Controller silenced them and began to give out jobs.

Thomas was to take out Annie and Clarabel on his branch line, and then go help out in the goods yard, shunting trucks with Nia and Stanley.

Gordon was to take the usual express, with Rebecca.

James had to take a goods train all the way to Ulfstead Castle, Percy was to pick up the mail, and there was one job left for Emily.

"Emily, I would like you to go help out Edward on his branch line with Molly. He will tell you what to do. Also, Griffin will be present to help you if needed." Sir Topham Hatt said.

A collective "yes, sir" rang out within all the engines as they went off to stock up on coal and water before heading to their respective jobs.

Emily found Molly at the wash down, getting clean from her previous job.

"Hello Molly! Starting off busy already?" Emily piped up.

"Yes, Emily. Just earlier, I had to take an extra long train of ballast from Arlesdale to the Clay Pits. Granted, Bill and Ben did try to pull another one of their tricks on me, but thankfully, Timothy and BoCo stopped it before they got any ideas." Molly said.

"Wow! That sounds crazy. Anyways, Sir Topham Hatt wants us to head to Edward's branch line for further instruction." Emily replied.

"Are you sure it wasn't an excuse to see Edward?" Molly said with a smirk.

"W-what?! No! It's not that at all! Edward and I are just friends! Yes, just friends! Haha!" Emily stammered with a blush on her face.

"That's what they all say!" Molly giggled as she finished getting clean and went to go to Edward's branch line with Emily.

On Edward's branch line, it was busier than ever. The old, reliable engine was hard at work, pulling his passenger coaches, and taking them to the next station before heading back to his station where Molly and Emily were waiting.

Edward blushed faintly when he saw Emily, admiring her emerald green paint shining in the sunlight. He also took notice of her wheels, especially the large driving wheel, as well as the curves of her boiler. Edward stopped himself from staring so he could look into her eyes and speak.

"Ah, Emily and Molly! So nice to see you both." Edward greeted.

"Good to see you too, Edward! We were told you were going to give us a job to do." Molly replied, while sending Emily a smirk.

"Oh yes, that's right! I will need you two to come with me to the docks. We are going to be restoring the Culdee Fell Railway and Peel Godred branch line! We will get our material shipments from the docks. I'm fairly sure Cranky will get a crane-ache if we keep him waiting for too long!" Edward stated.