It was two hours until the party and Liam hadn't seen Zayn all day. He spent the morning working in the kitchen with Kalli and the catering staff. Now he was sweaty from the heat and in serious need of a shower. He'd just stepped out of the kitchen and into the foyer when a loud Zayn came stumbling through the front door.
Liam caught him before he face planted on the wood floors and stood him upright. Zayn looked up at his rescuer and smiled. "Liam, darling," he recognized fondly.

Liam inhaled and cringed. "Are you drunk?"

"High on love, baby."

Liam rolled his eyes. "You have a very big party starting in a few hours and you need a shower even more than I do."

"What'd you mean? You smell great," Zayn complimented before burying his face in Liam's neck. "Like pastries."

"Yes. Pastries for your party. That starts soon. So, once again, shower."

Zayn hummed, "Shower. Let's do that." Zayn wrapped his arms around Liam's waist and leaned into him. Liam's breath caught and he swallowed thickly against the close proximity. "Come shower with me."

Liam stuttered for something, anything to say, but it was unnecessary because Marvin came around the corner and slung one of Zayn's arms across his shoulder.

"Come now, Mr. Malik. You've a party to attend."

"Marvin," Zayn acknowledged with a smile. "Liam and I were just going to shower."

"I'm sure that's not true."

"It is. I was going to suck him off against the tile..." They rounded the corner and went through a door, leaving a blushing Liam with his mouth hanging open in the wide front room.

Liam shook himself and ran up the stairs to his room. He pressed his palm to his cock; his cock that had just started fattening up thanks to Zayn's words. He didn't have time for this. He had to clean up and start getting ready. He stripped off quickly and got in the shower. The warm water loosened up his muscles and his mind started wandering.

Now that Liam knew Zayn was, in fact, single and that he apparently was much more attracted to Liam than he ever knew he couldn't keep his mind from thinking, "What if?". What if one of them had said something just a week earlier, had the courage to take that step? What if Zayn had sent out any signals besides his usual strict demeanor, then Liam could have done something? Now it was too late. He would be matched in a few short hours. Then he'd only see Zayn on the rare occasion that his Master and Zayn were at the same event. That scared him more than meeting the new man that would own him. Not seeing the one that currently does, even without legality.

He needed Zayn right now more than he ever did. He was alone and scared and Zayn was drunk somewhere in the house, probably still talking about Liam's dick. The thought made Liam hit his fist against the slick wall, ignoring the sharp pain. The shower wasn't helping anymore so he quickly cleaned up and got out, wrapping a towel around himself.

He spent his time in silence, trying to come to terms with his new life. He just hoped his Master wasn't anything like his dream. But he knew Zayn would never let that happen. Whoever the man was would probably be Liam's wet dream. Too bad his dreams were currently occupied with another man. But he needed to be a good slave, well behaved and obedient, to whomever he was matched with. If only to make Zayn proud. If Liam were to turn down his match and run, or even worse, run to Zayn, then Zayn's name would be on the chopping block. His business, his reputation, everything he put his word into would look shifty and untrustworthy. No. He had a responsibility to uphold. He'd asked Zayn for his match-making skills and now he would live with his choices.