XXII

Happy #SlaveMeThursday! This is a tough one so I will need all of #TMZ to be strong. It is what it is.

COMMENTS AND VOTES! MWAH!! Xoxo

***

"Where is he?" Zayn was still frantically scanning the crowd. Not only was Liam nowhere in sight, but he didn't see any slaves at all. For formal events, slaves often accompanied their Masters as human accessories. But this didn't look like any soirée Zayn had ever attended.

"The bidding is nearly closed. All the slaves are in private rooms by now." Marcus sent Zayn a dark smirk over his shoulder. "But if you hurry, I'm sure you can scrounge up enough to make it into the top three bidders."

"Bidders? On what? What the hell is..." Zayn did another look around. Underground party, podium, chains on the walls. It hit him suddenly. "Oh my God, you're selling slaves." Zayn's entire body shuddered at the realization. That meant Liam was on tonight's docket. He was being sold right now. "You can't do this!"

"I'll kindly ask you not to yell." Marcus turned a hard eye on Zayn. "It disturbs my guests."

"Your buyers you mean."

Marcus considered that for a brief moment. "Well, yes." He smiled that slimy smile that told Zayn he was feeling zero remorse.

"Where is he?"

"You'll need to be in the top three bidders to be able to see him now." Marcus kept walking and Zayn followed closely behind. "Lucky for you, after our top bidder got ahold of him, the bids dropped off. Most know when to quit, but you can see him for..." he pulled out his phone and scrolled, "A bid of ten thousand."

"Done," Zayn answered immediately. It was just a bid after all.

"Now, don't forget," like Zayn knew the rules in the first place, "entry fee is two thousand flat."

Zayn nodded quickly. "Fine. Whatever. Take me to him."

Marcus licked over his top lip. "Right this way."

Zayn tried not to make eye contact with anyone he might know as Marcus led him across the room and through a door in the back corner. There was a hallway with a line of closed doors. Marcus opened the second one and Zayn followed him through.

The lights were dim and there were no windows, but Zayn could see, clear as day, his Liam stood in the middle of the room, bound and naked, while two other men and a woman looked him over. His head was hung heavy in shame, his shoulders hunched over as he tried to make himself physically disappear.

"Get away from him!" Zayn marched across the room and shoved the Masters away. Liam's eyes lit up with recognition and he tried to reach for him, but his bound wrists limited him. He whined behind the gag as Zayn circled his arms around the thicker boy. "I'm here, baby. You're okay."

"Excuse me? We're in the middle of a sale here," one man complained.

Zayn didn't let go of Liam, but he turned so he could face the others, shielding Liam's bare body with his. "The sale is over. This is my slave."

"You can't just do that," the woman interjected.

"No, he can't," a graying, imposing, well-suited man said calmly. "Especially considering this slave is actually mine."

"And mine," Marcus piped up. Marcus put a hand on the two other Master's shoulders. "And that's three bidders that have far more money than you, so..." Marcus nodded to a guard by the door and the other two were led away with a few discontented shouts.

Once the door was closed the unknown man stepped up to Zayn. "If you'll kindly move out of the way, I was in the middle of inspecting him."

"No," Zayn said firmly. "He's not for sale."