Chapter 11

SONG(s) FOR CHAPTER: 

♬ Still The One by One Direction♬

♬ Cardiac Arrest by Bad Suns ♬ 

CHAPTER 11

❀ GRACE WALKER ❀

"GOSH, I MISSED you so freaking much!" squealed Ivette as she hugged me again. I laughed, devouring the remembrance of one of her hugs. It really had been far too long.

We talked while waiting for the match to start, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been a little nervous. I wasn't one for violence, especially when someone I cared very deeply for was in the middle of it. 

Needless to say, I was fairly shocked (and relieved) when Harry skillfully missed his opponent's first jabs.

Evan was practically jumping with excitement. "BAM! Man, did you see that punch?" he exclaimed, clapping loudly after Harry landed his fist on the other man's jaw.

I shrunk in my seat some. I knew Harry was strong, that was a given, but this was beyond me. He never came off as a violent person, and yet here he was determined to prove his talent. And he definitely had talent. But did UFC have to be one of them?

After the first round, Evan was standing and clapping loudly. I glanced over to Audrey and her lover, Dylan, smiling when I saw they were both smiling as well. Then I looked to Ivette and Brady, not exactly shocked when Brady kissed her cheek but in awe all the same. I had always been rooting for them.

Evan sat back down, his arm going around the back of my chair. The crowd was still fairly loud, cheering for the next round and I heard many of them chanting Harry's name. It was hard to say I wasn't proud of him. Of course I was. He deserved the best. Again, I was just a bit confused, I suppose, with the path he chose.

Evan leaned over to me so I could hear him over the cheering. "Thank you again, Grace, for the tickets."

I smiled. "You're such a sap."

He laughed, his eyes locking with mine. "A sap that's very grateful to have a friend like you."

My smile stretched a little further. "Well, you're very welcome."

He stared at me a moment longer, his eyes flicking downwards to my lips. I should've seen in coming when he leaned in just the slightest, but his lips were pressing to mine before I could protest.

Right when the bell rang for the second round, I pulled back some, my hand on his chest to separate us a bit. It was such an abrupt move on his part, totally catching me off guard.

His cheeks flushed incredibly red. "I... uh..." He ran his hand through his hair. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... I need some air."

Before I could say anything, he was already standing and jogging up the stairs to the exit.

I stood to go after him, to tell him it was okay. I wasn't mad that he kissed me, just... flustered, I suppose. From what he said Friday, it should have been an expected move. But even an expected move can be surprising.

Ivette grabbed my hand, catching my attention. I looked down at her to see her eyes wide and directly on the ring, my own eyes following her attention and a small gasp fled me.

The second round had only started mere seconds ago yet Harry's opponent was already on his back. The most shocking thing, however, was Harry straddling him sending fist after fist into the bigger man's face. From our seats, the blood was vibrant, pooling all around the man's face.