Chapter 7

SONG(s) FOR CHAPTER: 

♬ 18 by One Direction ♬

♬ All I Want by Kodaline ♬ 

CHAPTER 7

❀ GRACE WALKER ❀

          IT WAS THE day Harry was being discharged when Evan came up to me during lunch, an odd twist of excitement and anxiousness in his gaze. I rose an eyebrow at him, bite into my apple, and watched him sit across from me, looking on the verge of exploding.

        I heaved a sigh, though a smile tugged at my lips. "All right, spill the beans. Why do you look like an excited yet constipated child?"

        Evan grinned, his right hand reaching into his back pocket while his left placed his lunch bag on the table. I tried to lean forward some, noticing he held them under the surface as if to add suspense. Little did he know that suspenseful situations were utterly frustrating to me, not amusing.

        "Today...," I said, giving him an odd look.

        But he was having too much fun, for some reason. He leaned his left elbow on the table, chin resting in his hand while his other still hid his surprise. "First, I need to know. Is your adoration for me worthy of an incredible friendship?"

        My eyebrows pulled together. "What are you even talking about? I thought we were already friends."

        "Well, we are. But assuming we aren't, I'm saying could you look at me and think, 'Yeah, I could be friends with that dude one day.'"

        "You're incredibly annoying, you know. But that's basically how we did become friends, brilliance."

        He waved his hand dismissively at me. "Again, besides the point." His smile was almost devious now. "What would you say if I had certain concert tickets?"

        My mouth froze against my apple mid-bite, eyebrows darting upwards and heart daring to sink. If he was taking this where I thought he was, I don't think he'd be prepared for my reaction. A heart attack, maybe fainting, who really knows. Guess it's a good thing we were in a hospital.

        "Evan Walter Llyod, I do not appreciate this suspense." I sat up in my chair, eyeing him seriously. "Please, for my sake, get to the point."

        He was smirking now, too cocky for his own good. "How much do you love me?"

        "If it's the concert I think it is that was supposedly sold out, then infinitely."        

        He frowned. "Only then? What about if it was just a tour of the sewer plants?"

        I gave him a look. "We'd still be great friends, but my adoration for you would indeed decrease just the slightest."

        Evan shook his head, only for his smile to appear once more, and then yes. He was holding up tickets to the sold out concert this weekend to see We The Kings. I knew he knew I loved them and had never been to a single concert, but how he managed to get tickets was beyond me.

        It almost blurred then out of my excitement. I remember standing up so fast my chair flipped over, and a squeal so high-pitched I had no idea I could make fleeing my lips. But Evan had laughed, let me gaze at the tickets in awe while I devoured an extreme fangirl moment.

        He scratched the back of his neck while I still held the tickets. "I know you probably would've rather seen The 1975 last weekend, but I couldn't find anyone selling their tickets at all and-"