11) Narine

I was in my office reading some documents that my secretary brought earlier this morning. I didn't go home last night so I came to the office direct from Rain's residence.

I started thinking of what we discussed last night. Something was not ok between Art and Type. I didn't know how to get the details but I believed that Techno might know a few things.

I stayed in the office for a while and suddenly, I felt a very strong headache. I decided to assign my secretary what to do on my behalf because I couldn't handle the pain.

Immediately, I rushed at home because I'm really not fond of going to the hospital because I hate the smell of medicines. It disturbs my peace.

With that, I used the public transport because I didn't take my car with me last night. I reached at home very ill that our nanny had to help me climb the stairs. I laid on my bed as nanny took care of me. She gently used a wet towel on my forehead after handling me some painkillers.

"Thank u nanny Sandra..." I spoke weakly.

I found this nanny in this mansion since my first day. She looks older than the rest of us, not even Mr. Pakpoom (Art's father) can compare. Art told me that she has been their nanny for more than 25 years. I'm so sure that she knows much about this family.

"It's ok son....Ur health is more important than anything else...." She spoke politely. I then smiled at her.

" U remind me of my late mom. She used to take care of me just like this. I really miss her...." I spoke painfully.

"I'm sorry for ur loss my son!" She sounded very sad. " U know I keep wondering.... why is life very unfair to some people!" She sounded hurt.

" It happened to u too nanny?" I asked.

" I don't know.....I was just raised in the orphanage. But apparently, I'm referring to Miss Natalie
(Art's mother)".

" Art told me that she died of heart failure..." .

" He's right but, she was a very kind woman....Death was not meant for her!" She lamented.

I breathed out heavily. It seems like Miss Natalie was such a wonderful mother just like my mother, Victoria.

"But I'm happy that she transferred her kindness to Narine...." Nanny Sandra spoke with a hopeful smile.

"Narine? Who is he/she?" I was puzzled.

"Oh, Art never told u about him?" She wondered as I just shook my head to disagree.

"Narine..... he's Art's brother. But not biological. Miss Natalie adopted him a year before Art was born..."

" Art never told me that he had a brother!" I wondered.

" I understand.... he's no longer part of this family now!" She spoke sadly.

" But why?" I asked.

Then suddenly the door flung open.

"Honey......" Art's voice echoed in the room. "Are u alright? What happened? Is it because of me that u fell sick? Where did u sleep last night?" Questions flooded as I didn't know where I had to start.

" I'll leave now...." Nanny Sandra spoke kindly.

" Thank u for taking care of my fiancee nanny Sandra..." Art spoke childishly.

" Its ok son..... I'll prepare something to eat for both of u..." She spoke happily then left.

My heart was in dilemma. I realized that I wasn't aware of many things concerning my fiance. And he's not even bothered to tell me any of those!

"How are u feeling now honey?" Art asked while checking my temp.

"It was just a minor headache..." I wasn't in a mood to speak to him so I just had to force myself to reply back.

"Honey...Were u that mad yesterday?"

" Can we skip this topic?" I urged.

" Then I'm sorry naa. I didn't mean to yell at u honey... " He continued

" U normally hate to be reminded of things of the past right? Then let's skip this conversation....." I concluded

" But have u forgiven me honey?"

" Art!" I scolded him

He was shocked. He looked at me doubtfully. " U don't call me the sweet names anymore?" He wondered.

I just breathed out heavily then held his hand. "Ur fiance isn't feeling so well today baby. I think he needs some rest!" I tried to sound lovely. He just left without saying anything.

My thoughts were then transferred aback to my previous conversation with nanny Sandra. "Narine....." That name popped in my head like alarm.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Food was served and everyone was on the table including Art's father. We ate quietly until the end of dinner.

"The atmosphere is so tense here!" Art's father spoke while staring at us.

"We are fine sir..." I responded with a smile.

"We've quarreled dad!" Art replied without looking at me. The sharpness of my eyes were like daggers that could stab him to death incase he looked.

"Whom should I listen to then?" He lean on his special chair comfortably.

"Listen dad. Tharn and I discussed about the wedding but he wasn't pleased with the response I gave u!"

" This guy is really stubborn!" I thought.

" Really? Then what's your suggestion my son?" His father asked me.

" Um, I think....!" I was about to reply wen Art interrupted me.

" He suggested that the wedding should be held sooner than that. He complained that one month is long enough for us to wait!" Art's response made my jaw drop.

" Wow.... That is a very great news! Congratulations to both of u!" Art's father sounded overjoyed.

" Don't worry, I'll tell my men to finish all the preparations earlier as possible due to sudden change of plans. Everything will be alright don't worry!" Art's father pat my back gently then stood up to leave.

After he totally disappeared from my sight, I turned to look at Art who continued eating as if nothing happened.

"Are u insane?" I asked in disbelief.

" U are mine Tharn! U made me worry so bad when u slept out last night so, the only thing I ought to do is to bond with u forever as soon as I can...."

I shook my head in disbelief on how this guy acts so obsessed with me to an extent of making such rushy decisions.

I stood from my seat and left. I didn't know what to do. I went to seat at the balcony to calm my nerves. I need to think.... I really have to!

"I need to find Type first! But where do I start?" I wondered. I then took out my phone to dial Techno but he didn't pick any of my calls. "Damnit!" I cursed whenever the call was ended.