chapter five

When they got home from the piercing shop Evie got the idea to cut up some of Mason's shirt's for themselves. 

"We're totally dead." Maddie giggled as she started cutting into one of his favorite shirts. "He probably won't even notice." Evie said.

Tracy let out a small snort. "Oh he will, he always does." Evie pulled out some safety pins. "Well good thing we got his best friend on our side." She joked, nudging Maddie.

"He'll still get mad." She countered. Evie shrugged changing into her top. "At least we'll look totally hot."

Maddie shook her head with a laugh while she watched the brunette check herself out in the mirror. 

The other two girls changed into their new shirt a few minutes later. "Mads, that's sick." Evie said looking over the shirt.

"The boys are gonna love it." Tracy teased as she looked at herself. Maddie blushed, shaking her head.

Evie scoffed stepping over to the girl. "Yes they will, you are the hottest girl I've ever seen." She said, whispering the last part.

Maddie tried to withhold her blush, knowing Evie purposely didn't let Tracy hear what she had said.

"These are awesome, let's go show Mel." Evie suggested. "Mom! Mom!" Tracy called as the girls ran into the kitchen. 

The girls all posed. "Can you guys say, hot?" Evie giggled. "That was Mason's favorite shirt." Mel said, but the girls ignored her.

"Oh, oh." Evie started singing. The three got into a line, Tracy then Maddie then Evie. They started doing a little dance Evie had taught them. 

Mel chuckled at the girls. "You three aren't the only J-Lo's in the house, check out these sexy colors." She said wiggling her toes at us.

"Those are great Mel." Maddie told the woman. "Hey, you need something to eat? It's four o'clock." She said to the girls.

Tracy  grabbed a small snack and Evie poured herself and Maddie glasses of water, each shaking their heads no. 

"Something real. I'll make some turkey and cheese on whole wheat." She offered to them. "Evil food." Tracy said.

The girls chuckled. "If you drink 8 glasses of water a day you'll burn 300 calories." Evie told everyone. "Seriously?" Maddie asked as she sipped on hers.

"Interesting." Mel muttered, looking between the three in concern. She always knew Maddie struggled with food and now it seemed like Tracy did too.

Tracy disappeared around a corner before shreiking. "Mom! Three strikes and you're out." She yelled, throwing clothes at Mel.

"C'mon." Evie whispered, pulling Maddie into the next room with her. The girl was thankful to be away from the fight but she frowned when Evie reached to Cynthia's purse.

"Eve, what are you doing?" She whisper shouted. "It's only a little bit, she won't notice." Evie said as she pulled out cash.

Maddie sent her a look. "Don't be a pussy." Evie told the girl. Maddie sighed but stopped fighting her. "How much?"

"Just some 20s." Evie smirked at the girl. "I can take you shopping, hermosa." Maddie finally dropped her frown for a smile. 

The others came into the room. "Where's my purse?' Cynthia asked. Maddie inched in front of the bag. 

"Cyn, Cyn, go to the sink." Mel said as a timer went off. "I'll rinse your color out now." But she was ignored. "I-I know I left it in here."

"Baby it's here." Mel assured the woman. "Honey, go find Cynthia's purse." She told Tracy.