chapter nine

Maddie leaned back in to kiss Evie again but they were cut off by Tracy's screaming. "Mom, Mason called me a slut!" She shouted from the living room. 

"Mel, you need to get out here." Fiona called in a panicked tone. The two girls rushed behind the older woman from the kitchen.

They all watched as Tracy started attacking her brother, the fight ending in Birdie getting hit and freaking out. "She's out of control." The woman yelled.

"Have you had anything to eat today?" Mel asked her daughter. "Mom, stop with the food thing!" Tracy groaned back. Fiona sent her sister a cautious look. 

She grabbed a hold of Maddie's arm. "We're going home, right now." She said sternly. "But-"

"Not right now Mads. Please just listen for once." Fiona asked the girl with a soft smile. "Yeah sorry. See you guys tomorrow I guess." She frowned at the girls.

The sisters walked across the street to their own home. It was the first time Maddie would be sleeping in her own bed in months.

"Okay, you need to tell what the fuck has been going on." Fiona said when they got into the  living room. "Everything since you started hanging out with that girl."

Maddie scoffed at her tone towards Evie. "Don't talk about her like that." Fiona gave her a look.

"Look, she's not a bad person Fi. She's just had a shitty life, just like us, just like Tracy." Maddie said with a shrug. "She just a more fun way to deal with it."

Fiona sighed nervously. "What exactly does that mean?"

"We hang out with guys, we steal sometimes, we drink, we smoke. But we're not doing anything crazy. We're just having fun, being kids." Maddie told her in annoyance.

Her sister scoffed. "Mads, I know it's more than that. I'm not gonna get mad, just be honest with me. I'm not your mom, you know that. I'm still your sister." She said comfortingly.

"Okay we've done more than just smoke weed. We did acid once and I've taken pills a few times but not anymore." Fiona raised an eyebrow. "Did you get those from Evie?"

Maddie rolled her eyes. "Yeah but she's also the one who's getting me to stop." 

"Thats good." Fiona mumbled, waiting for the girl to continue. She knew her sister, she knew there was more that happened. "What else?"

"Not much really, I mean I got my nipples pierced but that had nothing to do with her. I would've done it anyways." Maddie chuckled slightly. "You like her don't you?" Fiona asked.

The girls eyes went wide. "What are you talking about?" She asked quickly. Fiona lit a cigarette. "I know when you have a crush Mads, you're terrible at hiding it."

"Fine I liker and she likes me." Maddie mumbled. "We kissed and some other stuff but we didn't get to talk about because Tracy decided to go all MMA on Mason."

Fiona laughed at her sisters words. "Just be safe okay? If you need anything come to me, I'm always here for you."

"Thanks FI, I'm gonna head to bed." Maddie said getting off of the couch. "Love you." 

"Love you too." The girl called as she got into her room. Maddie looked at her bed, nearly screaming at the sight of a person before she realized it was Evie.

Maddie let out a breath as she closed her door. "What are doing here?" She asked in a whisper. "We didn't get to finish our talk, hermosa." Evie smirked at the girl.

"Be quiet Eve, Fiona's room is next door." Maddie giggled, walking over and covering the brunettes mouth. Evie licked her hands making the girl groan. "Gross."

She rolled her eyes as the girl laughed at her reaction. "You're so annoying." She said sarcastically, sitting by the girl.

"You couldn't wait to talk until tomorrow?" Maddie asked. Evie shrugged. "Now is better then ever."

Evie scooted closer to the girl. "Trace asked about the dressing room." She admitted.

"What? What'd you say?" Maddie asked in a panicked tone. She didn't know how their friend would react to them, especially with how much of a bitch she had been recently.

The girl bit her lip. "I told her the truth. If she's really our friend she won't care, right?" Evie said, questioning her own decision.

"Right, but um, what did she say?" Maddie messed with her fingers as she nervously waited for an answer. "Not anything really, she just told me to leave."

An uncomfortable silence fell between them. Had they really just lost their best friend?

"She didn't sound mad though." Evie added after a bit. "Maybe she's just confused and needs to process it."

Maddie chuckled. "I think we're still processing it."

"Yeah, I think we all are." Evie agreed with a weak smile, nervous that the girl regretted admitting her feelings. "So..."

"So... Are we dating or what?" Maddie asked with a grin. "I thought you'd never ask." Evie grinned back.

The girls leaned in and kissed, but it was much softer and slower than they ever had before. It meant something, more then all the others did.

"I can't believe I have a girlfriend." Maddie mumbled after Evie pulled away. "And you better not forget it." The b brunette giggled.

"You're my girl, hermosa. Mine and mine only." Evie said as the girls cuddled together, getting under the blankets in Maddie's bed. Falling asleep in each others arms.

a little shorter then normal but they're together now so you guys can't be mad <3