Friendship?

One night,Mateo had enough.
He wants to come clean.
He's tired of lying to her.

He decided to text her.

"Nath.."

"Yea?"

"I need to tell you something,the truth"

"But this might hurts you a lot babe"

"I'm okay, truth is better than lying isn't it? The truth always hurts"

"I can't lie to you anymore,I feel bad Nathalia"

"About what?"

"I feel bad about not having the butterflies like you did.I felt nothing.I wanna be with you,but I just can't"

"Don't you wanna try again?"

"I know it's not gonna work,Nath.Everyday I feel bad about not having the same feeling as yours,I don't think it's better for us to try again,Im sorry"

Nathalia didn't reply to his text.

"Nath..,I'm sorry"

"Mateo,I love you,Truly.With whole of my heart,I ain't  lying about that"

"Thank you for loving me,cutie.But my heart is still with her"

"But.."

"I'm sorry I couldn't deliver the same energy as yours.You're one of a kind and I don't deserve that"

"You do deserve that,you deserve everything,you deserve to be happy"

"And so do you"

"Mateo.."

"It's not fair for either both of us.Love doesn't mean we need to be together.Your feelings matter to me,but I just couldn't love u"

"Mat..loving you is the most beautiful thing ever in my life"

"Or the biggest regret"

"I never regret the fact that I actually love you Mateo"

Her tears dropped as she replied to every word Mateo said.

It hurts her alot.

His words hurts her deeper than a knife.

Eventhough he's not being harsh on her but still,he's killing her softly.

"Due to I'm afraid what's gonna happen tomorrow or I don't know,it's better for me to be distant.I will always be your friend,Nathalia"

He continued.

"But,Mateo..can we call? Maybe for the last time?"

"Hm sure Nath"

Mateo called her.

"Hey"

Nathalia didn't say a word.

"Nathalia,I'm sorry"

She burst into tears.

"Ma-ma-mateo I love you Mateo.Im just waiting for the right time to tell you but instead this happened."

"I'm really sorry Nath"

He tried to make her laugh but failed.

She just keep on crying.

He didn't can't help himself listening to her crying knowing how bad he hurt her.

He felt her pain when she cried so hard.

But it's just so felt weird for him and made him feel like he's the jerk,he's the bad guy.

He thought Nathalia gonna be pissed off and yell at him.

But instead,Nathalia just wishes him the best in life and promise whatever he's going to do in life later,tomorrow,in the future,she will always support and be happy for him.With or without her.

They ended the call.

Nathalia just keep crying the whole night.

Meanwhile Mateo had a hard time to sleep thinking about what he did to her.