Ten*

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃There is sexual content in this chapter

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
There is sexual content in this chapter. I won't put a warning in other chapters, but I will try to remember to put a star for whenever there is sexual content.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

There is an audible cracking sound. Matt's hand was the source. Matt screamed in pain as he felt his hand being crushed and collapsed to the floor. Just as Damon was closing in on him, he felt his body come to an abrupt halt. He looked down and saw his body was covered in a red hue and sighed at the fact that he was already aware of it.

When he looked up, he saw Mariposa Bennett standing at the balcony doors, her hands glowing with her signature orbs and her eyes scarlet red.

"Hands off," she said as she drew her right arm back and threw a scarlet blast at Damon's chest, sending him flying back into a table, which broke under the force. The commotion prompted the Mikaelsons, as well as Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie, to rush to the scene.

"What did you do, Damon?" Stefan, ever sensible, spoke up, his eyes taking in the scene in front of him.

Matt is cradling his broken hand, and Mariposa is crouching next to him, trying to look at it.

Damon struggled to stand, exclaiming, "How is this my fault, that witch just blasted me through the door?" Mariposa muffled the background noise of their argument by holding Matt's hand in her own and assessing the wound.

She pushed him up from the floor and returned her attention to the conversation.

"Damon! Are you crazy?"

"Perhaps I'm a little crazy," Damon said in response to Elena's earlier question. "Far be it from me to cause a commotion," he sarcastically grinned, referring to what she said to him during the dance.

He then turned around and walked away, leaving everyone staring at him.

Soon the ball ended, the Mikaelson's ushering everyone out of their residence. Mariposa went to leave with her cousin, yet Rebekah stopped her.

"You've never got that dance," The British vampire called out from behind Mariposa.

Mariposa smiled, waving off Bonnie, "I'll find another way home," she whispered in her cousin's ear, "Sorry, darling, I got a little distracted."

"Too bad, I was looking forward to that dance," Rebekah sighed, watching as Mariposa walked closer to Rebekah.

"Why not dance now?" Mariposa reached for the vampire's hand, pulling her onto the empty dance floor, "I didn't get a chance to tell you how beautiful you look." She said in a seductive voice.

In response, Rebekah blushed, "I can say the same for you," shaking away her dirty thoughts.

The two dance in silence, their bodies swaying. Rebekah and Mariposa leaned into each other, they looked into the eyes of each other. Her arm was wrapped around Rebekah's waist.