Seventeen

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mariposa dreamed of petal-like lips pressing feather light kisses against her skin. They brushed over her cheekbones with the tenderness of a long-term lover, pressing against the corner of her lips, long lashes ghosting over her cheek.

Brandy had already left for work when she was walking down the stairs to eat her breakfast of hot oatmeal and fresh strawberries. Mariposa took a few moments to photograph the backyard with her camera, taking advantage of the soft lighting.

Mariposa wondered if the Kol would let her photograph him because his black hair and brown eyes would stand out beautifully against the pure white of the freshly fallen snow. Will he squirm at his feet, embarrassed by the attention, or will he give her another of his endearing crooked grins?

The mere thought of it made her eager to get to school, and she carefully tucked her camera into her bag within its protective case before walking to her car. Her boots' grip kept her stable on the slick ice, and she made it safely to the warm interior of her vehicle.

Mariposa arrived at Mikaelson's house without incident, despite the frozen water layers on the asphalt. She carefully stepped out of her car, gripping the door handle. The witch made her way up the driveway, dodging the ice patches.

"Darling! Could you possibly walk any slower?" Kol inquired from the doorway.

"I'm trying not to bust my ass!" huffs Mariposa.

"Are you aware that you have the ability to teleport?" From behind Kol, Rebekah spoke up. Mariposa rolls her eyes and enters the house via teleportation.

"I didn't want to be rude and barge in."

"Your welcome whenever you can, love," Klaus said as he approached Mariposa. He was certain.

"What did we do to deserve your presence, Mariposa?" Elijah joked as he walked down the stairs.

"I wanted to throw snowballs."

"No." The Mikaelsons spoke up right away.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mariposa's hair was covered in snowflakes as she ran through the snow. The ground was covered in several inches of snow. Each time she stepped onto a new location, she ran through large clumps of snow.

Mariposa smiled as she listened to Klaus yell, the cold air tingling her exposed skin and adrenaline coursing through him. She collided with Kol, slamming into his chest.

"You like the snow, don't you?" Kol inquired, an idea forming in his mind. He stooped down and grabbed a handful of snow, a playful smile on his face that the witch in front of him missed.

"Sure, I do! It makes me think of-" Her words were cut short when Kol's snowball landed squarely in her face.

She could hear his laughter from behind the snow that was now covering her eyes and chilling her nose, and her heart leaped with joy.