Chapter 03: Gossip In The Group Chat.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-o0o-

The park is just a walking distance so the two of them arrived after 15 minutes of walking. Mai doesn’t shy away from strangers but she doesn’t like it when some of them touch, whether it is unintentional or not. Oliver would notice her brows crunch up whenever a stranger graze pass her shoulder. She did not wipe her clothes down after that like some clean freak would but the displeasure is still there.

Oliver would make his arm as a barrier if ever some people pass by them. It would help her avoid contact but he doesn’t why people stare at him like he had done something that is… unusual. Those looks doesn’t look unpleasant but not that pleasing to see. He doesn’t know why people would give him weird glances and he also noticed some teen girls whispering and giggling within themselves, looking like they had seen something heartwarming.

Oliver ignored them and led Mai towards the park he is talking about. The park is new and was just opened a month ago. It was not known yet so a few people from the neighborhood and some passerby are the only people there. Oliver only got to see this new park when he was late for work last week. He couldn’t hail a cab so he decided to walk to the nearest bus station and came to know about this place.

Mai curiously looked around as soon as they entered the golden gate. She immediately brought out her pencil and began to draw the first fountain she saw. The fountain is intricately designed with little angels blowing their horns. Anyone can see this kind of designs in any park. Oliver doesn’t understand what is so beautiful in it that Mai had to draw it but Oliver let her draw anyway.

What interest Oliver is how fast and accurate she worked on her drawing. It is very life-like except for not having any color but black. Oliver doesn’t know how to appreciate a drawing but he thinks it’s good. At least much better than the drawings he had seen his students draw in his class.

The raven-haired man pursed his lips, remembering his students. Aside from being a researcher at BSPR, Oliver is also a Parapsychology professor. He usually goes around teaching between Cambridge University and New York University whenever he had extra time. And some students tends to get bored in his lecture and would draw pictures on their notes. Oliver would catch one or two students doing that every now and then.

Oliver shook his head and threw his thought out and focused on Mai, who is touching up her sketch. Closing his sketchbook, Mai looked up and stared at him. Her eyes are looking at him in excitement, asking him where to go next. Oliver silently nodded and raised his arm to show the direction.

He doesn’t really know anything about this park so he couldn’t find a topic to use to engage in a conversation with her. He thought it would be awkward not talking to each other but Mai seems to be enjoying the silence. The two spend their time not taking and just communicating with actions. Others would find it boring but it is very comfortable for the both of them.

Oliver would direct where they go and Mai would draw anything she likes. After almost an hour, Oliver noticed sweat forming on her forehead so he took her to a shade not far away from the fourth fountain they passed by. Mai sat on the bench and Oliver followed suit. Mai flipped through the pages of her sketch book and showed him all her drawings. Oliver had seen her draw it but it was still amazing to look at the end result. He can now see why his mum called her an art prodigy.