(Chapter 4) ||Where determination lies||

Takashi's POV

Well now that I have figured that out, just who exactly is going to release us all from this trap? Could it be Itachi-Sensei? I'm pretty sure he was the first one, in this whole room, to figure all of this out.

After all, he has taken these exams before, and at such a young age. He might just be the one. Unless...he's waiting for something to happen?

But what exactly is it..?

Sakura's POV

Naruto....

I can't watch him struggle like this. If we forfeit now, we still might be able to take these exams again in the future but if we lose our teammate's ability to believe in himself, everything will be over.

Plus, I'm sure Sasuke understands the situation. I know he also doesn't want Naruto to suffer from the guilt of not helping pass the team. He just needs some time.

So, I'm sorry Sasuke...Naruto... but I can't do this.

Naruto's POV

WAIT! That's it! They're testing me!

They're doubting my ability of becoming Hokage, they always thought of me and Takashi as monsters. But I promised her....I promised her that I would become Hokage and that I would fulfill her dream as well.

I can't let everything end just because of some stupid exams! This is a challenge, everybody here doesn't believe in me! Only Takashi would, and I know she's watching, so this is for you and me.

I won't let you down!

Sasuke's POV

Damn it, I knew I was ready for these exams.. but.. I can't do this to Naruto. He's our teammate after all.

Forfeiting may give us another chance to try again, but Naruto may never get over the guilt of not being able to help pass these exams.

*Sigh*

I look over to Sakura who also nods at me. I'm guessing she caught on.

Sakura's POV

Sasuke...Naruto... don't stress yourself out because of this.

I look over to Sasuke to see him looking at me, I nod at him for approval of the decision I made because I'm sure Sasuke knows what we need to do as a team.

So I slowly start to raise my hand...

Me: "Proctor we-"

Naruto: "YOU THINK I WON'T BE ABLE TO PASS THESE EXAMS!? YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TEST MY ABILITY, I PROMISED HER THAT I WOULD BECOME HOKAGE, AND I WILL, BELIEVE IT BECAUSE I DON'T QUIT AND I DON'T RUN, THAT'S MY NINDO, MY NINJA WAY!" Naruto yells while slamming his hands on the table startling everybody in the room.

I didn't...know Naruto would be this determined to pass these exams just for the sake...of somebody else..

Me: "Naruto.." I say while looking at him with wide eyes from seeing all that determination embedded into Naruto's soul.

Sasuke's POV

Tsk.. I knew this loser wouldn't give up so easily. And I didn't expect anything less from him.

*Smiles*

Nobody's POV

Everybody stared at Naruto with wide eyes. Nobody expected someone to suddenly stand up and yell out something like that.

Hinata, who had been sitting beside Naruto, was surprised but she knew how strong he was, after all ever since their encounter at young age, she has been inspired by him. She knows deep inside the Naruto could never be a monster, and she knows he isn't.

It was so silent you could hear a pin drop. But that wasn't all. The spark of light that had been lit in those hearts of many, they were determined to pass these exams not just for themselves but also for the ones who expect things from them.

Takashi, his sister, wasn't shocked nor surprised, she was rather proud. Proud that Naruto was the one. It's not that she wasn't expecting him to change things, or rather she had a feeling but wasn't ready to admit that Naruto would be acknowledged by these people yet.

Things were different.

This time, everyone would be watching Naruto, and no one would question his spirit, not even those who call him "monster".

Procter's POV

*Sighs*

Me: "You're putting me in a tight spot here. But I guess you all pass." I say shrugging.
Everyone's expression was priceless.

Haa...looks like I've been caught a bit too early. And here I had intentions of taking out most of these kids. Looks like this year will be different. I can see that.

Well, a change is nice once in awhile. Maybe Anko is best suited for this sin than I am. Haha. I leave it up to you Anko.

Anyway, Naruto Uzumaki...eh? Not bad kiddo. Not bad at all.

Naruto: "Sasuke...Sakura! We did it! WE PASSED THE FIRST EXAM!" Naruto yelled. His teammates looked proud of him, but of course no one could get out of their seats until I told them so.

Sakura's POV

SHANNARO! HAHA, TAKE THAT YOU STUPID FIRST EXAM!

And thank you.. Naruto.

Takashi's POV

That's my brother! I want to say so many things to you right now Naruto, well, a small 'well done' wouldn't hurt! This makes me feel so happy.

Me: "Naru-" Before I could finish saying what I wanted to say to Naruto, I realized something and paused.

...

What am I doing? I can't put our cover in danger.

I'm not associated with Naruto in anyway, well at least not in this form. So it wouldn't make sense for me to say 'congrats' or 'well done' to him at all. Because in this field we're competing against each other. He's my enemy.

*sighs* This is the worst.

Arakaki: "Hey, what's up? Why do you look so moody?" Arakaki said poking my elbow. Honestly I can't and don't want to deal with him right now.

Me: "It's nothing. Just focus on what we're doing." I said to him.

Arakaki: "Hey-woah, no need to be so rude, just asking." Arakaki said while making a droopy face.

Me: *Sighs* "I'm just a bit nervous for the next exam alright? Don't get upset I didn't mean it that way." I said regretting being a little too pushy and tugging on his elbow.

Arakaki: "Well, I suppose it's fine if you act all cute to impress me like this." Arakaki said with a smug look on his face.

Me: "Haa..Jeez." I said while pushing his elbow away. That pervert. I can't believe I fall for his stupid acts.

Kabuto's POV

Hm, even though I hadn't gotten in contact with that girl from before, what was her name again... Haruko? She seems.. a bit suspicious.

I mean my Ninja Info Cards didn't display any information on her or her team. Something feels a bit off about them.

I also may be imagining this but...for some reason Haruko's scent seems familiar. Like I have known it before.. but where..?

Ah...

Anko: "Hey dimwits, I'm the person in charge of the next exam, so you better pay attention to what I'm gonna say." She said claiming to be our next proctor.

The second exam has begun eh?