Chapter Ten

Maddison stayed in hospital the rest of the week, due to be discharged a couple of days after, Holtzmann not leaving her side and spending the nights either curled up in a chair or when Maddison was feeling up to it they snuggled in bed.

'Holtzmann,' Maddison whispered one night, it was dark in the room and the blonde was laying on her side next to the brunette.

'Mmm Mads?' She replied sleepily, nudging the brunette's nose with her own.

'I don't have anywhere to go when I leave here.'

'You're not losing your job Mads.'

'No, I don't mean that,' Maddison breathed, and he hesitated, 'I mean I don't have anywhere to go, I don't have anywhere to live.'

Holtzmann pulled away from Maddison slightly.

'What do you mean?'

'I mean, my apartment, the lease is up, it's not being renewed and I'm kinda in limbo.'

'Mads, the firehouse it your home now.'

Maddison nodded softly, and she gently pulled Holtzmann's face close to her, kissing her.

'I'll set your room up for you tomorrow okay, so it's all ready for when you come...home.'

Maddison nodded again, this time Holtzmann pulling her in for a kiss.

'I'll stay with you at the firehouse too okay,'
Holtzmann said reassuringly, 'I won't let you be alone.'

Maddison nodded softly, burying her face into Holtzmann's neck as the blonde cradled her in her arms. 

They both woke early the next morning, a nurse coming in to check on Maddison, and Holtzmann slid herself off the bed, sitting in the chair. She reached for her phone that was on the small table and dialled Abby.

'Hey,' Holtzmann said as Abby answered instantly, 'can you come and stay with Maddy for a bit?'

They spoke a few words and then Holtzmann hung up, turning to Maddison as the nurse finished checking on her.

'Abs is going to come and stay with you while I go back to the Firehouse okay, I'll set up your room.' Maddison nodded, reaching her had out to take Holtzmann's and the blonde leaned forward, taking her hand in her own, kissing her softly, "I love you.'

'I love you too.'  

Abby arrived quickly, leaning in to hug Holtzmann and then Maddison, the two brunettes chatting quietly as Holtzmann gathered her things, leaning into to Maddison and kissing her, promising to return as soon as she could, and she turned to Abby, embracing the woman in a tight hug, whispering a thank you into her ear.

Holtzmann arrived back at the firehouse, Erin and Patty rushing to her for an update on their colleague, they had been cleaning the basement and Firehouse after the events of the night, chatting with Police that had arrived, explaining it had been the result of paranormal activity. Holtzmann gave the two women a run down, explaining that Maddison was going to be moving into the Firehouse and they both began helping Holtzmann set up one of the rooms upstairs for her. Erin said she would go out and buy some new items for the woman's room and Patty helped Holtzmann re-arrange some furniture and they chatted softly, Holtzmann pausing to sit on the bed, Patty turning to her, noticing the blonde had started to cry.

'Holtzy!'

The blonde shook her head as the dark haired woman sat next to her, wrapping her arms around her, 'You feeling delicate baby?'

Holtzmann nodded, 'I nearly lost her.'

Patty nodded into the blonde as Holtzmann buried her face in the woman's neck, sobbing. 'She's okay baby, she's okay.'