twenty- four

see, soobin was still against the idea of direct confrontation. way too much drama, if you asked soobin. all he wanted a peaceful life with a drink...a nice drink. maybe something like, peach ice tea.

yeonjun and soobin were escorted into the house and soobin was yet again amazed by how rich people lived. like damn bro, why would you spend so much money on a house, when you can blow them up in arcades. the satisfaction was so worth it.

the butler guided them to an expensive looking sofa that was probably worth more than soobin's life.

"please, wait here. i will bring kang minhee."

"oh, you don't need to bring him. infact, i'd just like to speak to his father."

the butler blinked, confused but relented nonetheless. after all, yeonjun was part of the shinsen labels. and not just any part, he was the heir.

yeonjun scoffed. "gosh, look at how cheap this sofa is. trust me, it only looks expensive but it's fake."

"how much would this...fake...be?" asked soobin, low-key scared to hear the answer.

yeonjun shrugged and blurted out some number. soobin blinked.

...still more than soobin's life.

mr.kang walked into the hallway where soobin and yeonjun were sitting. soobin got up immediately, while yeonjun didn't even bother. soobin looked at yeonjun, shocked. wasn't this guy much older than him and a top-shot in the business industry?

mr.kang gave a fake smile at yeonjun, who was still lazily sitting in the couch.

"to what do i owe a visit from the heir of the shinsen labels?" asked the man, politely.

"why are you standing, please take a seat." said yeonjun, completely ignoring the fact that the person he was talking to was not only much older than yeonjun but also the owner of the house they were in.

soobin saw the corner of mr.kang's mouth twitch in annoyance but he took a seat nonetheless, without uttering a single word.

"yes, please do tell me the purpose of your visit."

yeonjun crossed his legs. "i've actually bothered coming all the way here to tell you that...your son, kang minhee, has been suspended from the school."

soobin and mr.kang looked at yeonjun in shock.

soobin awkwardly laughed and said, "he's out of his mind, ignore him."

mr.kang glared at him and soobin shut up, realizing that in front of mr.kang's eyes, he had no value and hence soobin quite literally had no say in this.

"sorry?" said mr.kang.

yeonjun leaned back on the couch and said, "i'm sure i was very clear. i said, your son, kang minhee is suspended from the school. actually, not suspended my bad. expelled."

the panic was evident on mr.kang's face. "oh please do tell me what he did."

"not only did he hurt a student in the school, he also damaged the student council room."

soobin frowned. damaged the student council room? wait a minute...

"SO THAT WAS NOT RAT POOP?" yelled soobin.

"oh god, can you shut up?" said mr.kang. "you're insignificant here, so i would appreciate if you kept your trashy mouth shut."

soobin's ears turned bright red, embarrassed that he was told off. but mr.kang was right. this was a talk between business people and soobin was clearly out of place here.

"i think the person who needs to shut up here is you, mr.kang. cause nothing you say is going to change my mind. you should be honoured that i bothered coming all the way here just to inform you about this."

mr.kang slightly wiped the sweat off his face. "i'm sure there's something i can do to...you know...help me."

yeonjun looked at the old man, disgusted. was he trying to bribe him out of this?

"sir, are you aware of what rank your son is?" said yeonjun, subtly avoiding the topic.

the man's face brightened. "of course i am. he's made it to rank 7, right? no one could steal that spot from him."

yeonjun scoffed and said, "oh dear.i assume your dear son did not tell you? he dropped in his ranks. from 7 to 500. he lost to this man who you just insulted. hence, he got humiliated and angry and went as far as injuring a high rank student of the school and vandalizing the student council room which consists of only high rank officials."

yeonjun got up from his seat and so did soobin. "so, don't try your fcking dirty ways with me cause i'm not going to change my mind. your son is no longer part of our, sorry i mean, my, school."

yeonjun turned and looked towards soobin. "let's go."

soobin nodded and the both of them left the house, leaving mr.kang absolutely gobsmacked.

----------------

"you're nuts. i swear to god, you're nuts." said soobin, chuckling in the car. "that was such a dramatic exit."

yeonjun looked at soobin and blinked. "dramatic?"

soobin looked at yeonjun in shock and then whispered. "the fact that he doesn't realizes makes it even cooler."

yeonjun titled his head, not hearing clearly. "what did you say?"

soobin shook his head and said "nothing."

yeonjun shrugged and walked ahead. soobin looked down at the ground.

soobin was perfectly fine but why did he feel like he had a fever?

----------------

IM BACK AFTER SOOOO LONG.

so sorry for the delay tbh, ill try to be more consistent.

keep reading, commenting and voting

love

pixiedust !